Conflict with NextGen Gallery

Benjamin Hartwich

May 12, 2014, 3:54:07 PM5/12/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I´ve got an issue at one site at my blog, where the theme (grider magazine) could not be loaded, which uses gantry framework plugin. I´ve an answer, why this happens with the error jQuery is not defined. The answer is:
"From what I can tell this issue with the Gantry framework tends to be very similar when it does not work with NextGEN Gallery ... a > character appears before any other content.

Using Chrome developer tools this extra character appears to be coming out of the Gantry header element through its <font> call. Now this could be part of the issue as the <font> tag is not supported in HTML5 according to this article: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_font.asp and from the page source of your site you are calling `<!doctype html>` which is telling the browser to parse the site as HTML5

I would suggest looking into this, and or passing along these ideas to the Gantry framework author as a possible issue.

If there is something we can help with then we would be happy to hear from the developers if they have any specific items that need to be addressed on our part."

You can have a look on this issue at http://www.blank-passau.de/blog/

It would be great, if you can help me.

Best,

Ben

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

May 12, 2014, 3:57:29 PM5/12/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Benjamin Hartwich
Hi,

Somethings crashing Gantry - please enable the debug mode.

Thanks,
Jakub

On 12 maja 2014 at 21:54:12, Benjamin Hartwich (yours...@googlemail.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´ve got an issue at one site at my blog, where the theme (grider magazine)
> could not be loaded, which uses gantry framework plugin. I´ve an answer,
> why this happens with the error jQuery is not defined. The answer is:
> "From what I can tell this issue with the Gantry framework tends to be very
> similar when it does not work with NextGEN Gallery ... a > character
> appears before any other content.
>
> Using Chrome developer tools this extra character appears to be coming out
> of the Gantry header element through its call. Now this could be
> part of the issue as the tag is not supported in HTML5 according to
> this article: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_font.asp and from the page
> source of your site you are calling `` which is telling the
> browser to parse the site as HTML5
>
> I would suggest looking into this, and or passing along these ideas to the
> Gantry framework author as a possible issue.
>
> If there is something we can help with then we would be happy to hear from
> the developers if they have any specific items that need to be addressed on
> our part."
>
> You can have a look on this issue at http://www.blank-passau.de/blog/
>
> It would be great, if you can help me.
>
> Best,
>
> Ben
>
> --
> --
>
> Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework
> for WordPress Users" group.

Benjamin Hartwich

May 12, 2014, 4:08:06 PM5/12/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

if you are refering to the wordpress debugging mode, it only showed at wp-admin, that Notice: wpdb::escape is outdated. If found no errors furthermore. Is there a gantry debugging?

Best,
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
>
> Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework
> for WordPress Users" group.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

May 14, 2014, 6:01:14 AM5/14/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Benjamin Hartwich
Hi,

Yes - I was referring to the WP debug mode. Can you please tell me what are the steps to reproduce ?

Thanks,
Jakub
> > > gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
> > > gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
> > >
> > > Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
> > >
> > > ---
> > Groups "Gantry Framework
> > > for WordPress Users" group.
> > an email to
> > gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.

> --
> --
>
> Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework
> for WordPress Users" group.

Benjamin Hartwich

May 16, 2014, 3:05:58 AM5/16/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

install the latest wordpress, install NextGen Gallery and Gantry framework and the Grider Magazine theme (I can send you a download link, if you can mail me your mail data). On the site, where all articles appear, you shouldn´t be able to load the theme correctly.

Best,

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

May 16, 2014, 3:46:40 AM5/16/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Benjamin Hartwich
Can you try our default theme and see if the same issue appears ?

Thanks,
Jakub

Benjamin Hartwich

May 16, 2014, 4:09:44 AM5/16/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is the same issue.

Best,

On 16 maja 2014 at 09:06:04, Benjamin Hartwich (yours...@googlemail.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> install the latest wordpress, install NextGen Gallery and Gantry framework
> and the Grider Magazine theme (I can send you a download link, if you can
> mail me your mail data). On the site, where all articles appear, you
> shouldn´t be able to load the theme correctly.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> --
>
> Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework
> for WordPress Users" group.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

May 16, 2014, 4:27:40 AM5/16/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Benjamin Hartwich
Can you please go to the wp-content/plugins/gantry/gizmos/compatibility.php, find this code :

if( class_exists( 'C_Photocrati_Resource_Manager' ) ) {
remove_action( 'init', array( C_Photocrati_Resource_Manager::$instance, 'start_buffer' ), 1 );
}

and change it to :

if( class_exists( 'C_Photocrati_Resource_Manager' ) ) {
define( 'NGG_DISABLE_RESOURCE_MANAGER', true );
}

Did this worked ?

Thanks,
Jakub

On 16 maja 2014 at 10:09:49, Benjamin Hartwich (yours...@googlemail.com) wrote:
> Yes, there is the same issue.
>
> Best,
>
> On Friday, May 16, 2014 9:46:40 AM UTC+2, Jakub Baran wrote:
> >
> > Can you try our default theme and see if the same issue appears ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jakub
> >
> > On 16 maja 2014 at 09:06:04, Benjamin Hartwich (yours...@googlemail.com)
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > install the latest wordpress, install NextGen Gallery and Gantry
> > framework
> > > and the Grider Magazine theme (I can send you a download link, if you
> > can
> > > mail me your mail data). On the site, where all articles appear, you
> > > shouldn´t be able to load the theme correctly.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > >
> > > --
> > > --
> > >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
> > >
> > > Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
> > >
> > > ---
> > Groups "Gantry Framework
> > > for WordPress Users" group.
> > an email to
> > gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.

> --
> --
>
> Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework
> for WordPress Users" group.

Benjamin Hartwich

May 16, 2014, 4:34:57 AM5/16/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this solved the issue. Thanks!

> > http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
> > >
> > > Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
> > >
> > > ---
> > Groups "Gantry Framework
> > > for WordPress Users" group.
> > an email to

> --
> --
>
> Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework
> for WordPress Users" group.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

May 16, 2014, 4:51:00 AM5/16/14
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Benjamin Hartwich
This will be added to Gantry 4.1.2 release in next couple days :)

Cheers,
Jakub

> > http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en

> > send

> > > --
> > > --
> > >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
> > >
> > > Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
> > >
> > > ---
> > Groups "Gantry Framework
> > > for WordPress Users" group.
> > an email to
> > gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.

> --
> --
>
> Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework
> for WordPress Users" group.

Robert Viens

Feb 14, 2015, 2:57:39 PM2/14/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Got some strange behaviour using NextGEN 2.0.66.37, WordPress 4.1, Gantry 4.1.2 and RockSproket (Lexicon Theme).

Presets disappears when clicking on the Presets button in Gantry settings.

Is there a way to use NextGEN and Gantry framework together without conflict ?