Monday - February 6, 2012 Update

Michael Vizdos

Feb 6, 2012, 5:45:23 PM2/6/12
to Gangplank Henrico
Hi all.

For those of you who were able to make it this morning -- thank you!
It seemed to be an interesting session of a wide variety of people
participating. Collaboration is happening :).

We are working on creating a time and place for out first brown bag,
"How I doubled sales in 2011" by one of our fellow Gangplankers.

Mark and I went to look at possible locations today for our future
permanent space. We are currently looking out near Cox and Broad...
and have figured out three possible locations to see if the landlords
are interested in an offer. All of the spaces are relatively small
(1500-2000 square feet) and the reason for a retail location is for
lots of parking and to start also help bring traffic to other small
businesses in the centers (read: let's live economic development!).

We are not sure when we will pull the trigger on the place yet, as we
are working with HQ out in Arizona about how the non-profit will still
be organized -- we'll know more this week.

One thing I'd really like to see is for someone locally (out in this
area) to donate a conference room space for us to use possibly for the
next few weeks. I am thinking if we can find a place where up to
12-15 people can gather during the week (whenever people want to stop
by during normal business hours) the collaboration will happen. So...
if you know of anyone who may be up for helping us out, please let me
know. The idea again is to get us an available space where we can
begin meeting daily and see where it goes. This is a short term
solution. Thoughts?

Again, thanks for being in early with us on this journey together.

- mike vizdos

PS --> This google group list is really an open discussion for anyone
to use. IF you have any questions about using this list (or the
purpose) please let me know. You can get directly to the
discussions at: http://groups.google.com/group/gangplank-henrico