We have a place -- Want to start getting together starting *tomorrow*

Michael Vizdos

Feb 15, 2012, 9:47:52 AM2/15/12
to Gangplank Henrico
Hi all.

We have secured an agreement with the ETC (Employment Transition
Center) to have some dedicated space there (it's the old Innsbrook
Library behind the Silver City Diner // corner or cox and Broad).

I'll be meeting with the top guy this afternoon to talk to him a bit
more about our concept, and Mark has done great with the introductions
and getting this to happen (thank you Mark!). The location is
upstairs in a corner -- it's an open space and my plan is to stake it
out as "Gangplank Henrico" with some signs and stuff. There are
tables and chairs up there. And internet (I'll verify today). And a
few conference rooms to break out into for privacy if needed.

This is the next step for all of us to be able to get together and
start collaborating and being in one location. We'll also be able to
do brown bags on a regular basis (Fridays??) and they have a large
area downstairs to accomodate us.

So brown bags may be one of the first initiatives.

Mentoring is another (sounds like Mark is passionate about that
one!). And it will tie in nicely with what is happening at the ETC so
we'll see what that morphs into.

I am not sure how long we'll have the space for, but let's treat our
hosts with respect and let's see what happens next. We do have a few
"retail" spaces we are looking at... but for now really it's a place
for all of us to physically meet, run our businesses, and collaborate
together.

Baby steps.

So... my ask is that you start joining us there as often as possible
to do this together. This is the beginning and a lot of what happens
next is up to who shows up and, well, let's watch and learn together.

Anyone interested in meeting there starting tomorrow? Anyone know
anyone who may be? Time to start getting the word out a little more
-- any help is appreciated!

Let me know.

Thank you.

- mike vizdos
skype: mvizdos
cell: 619-709-1716

April Johnson

Feb 15, 2012, 10:27:21 AM2/15/12
to gangplan...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested - what times are you hoping to be there tomorrow?

Jonathan Hill

Feb 16, 2012, 7:25:19 AM2/16/12
to gangplan...@googlegroups.com
Confirmation on today?  Is it going to be open? What time?  I'll try to come by for a few hours....

Michael Vizdos

Feb 16, 2012, 7:43:53 AM2/16/12
to gangplan...@googlegroups.com

Ill be over there today from about 9:30 on.  We'll see.  Kind of a soft launch but if you know people... Invite them!

Braz Brandt

Feb 16, 2012, 8:34:36 AM2/16/12
to gangplan...@googlegroups.com, gangplan...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great, Mike! I'll see you tomorrow morning, and try to start funneling people into Gangplank Henrico  early next week.

Great work, great news! So glad to see such quick movement!

--
Braz Brandt
// Sent from my mobile device

Michael Vizdos

Feb 16, 2012, 9:21:10 AM2/16/12
to gangplan...@googlegroups.com

Let's DO. Not just talk.

Awesome stuff thanks everyone for the support so far.

Mike

Jonathan Hill

Feb 16, 2012, 9:25:18 AM2/16/12
to gangplan...@googlegroups.com

Well done Mike! Can't make it today, everyone going to be there tomorrow?

Michael Vizdos

Feb 16, 2012, 9:26:34 AM2/16/12
to gangplan...@googlegroups.com

Ill be here tomorrow morning at least.

Not sure this center knows what to make of us yet :-).

Mike