Fw: Membership Monday: Last Chance for Bass Tourney ... and Impressive Home Building

Gregory A . Butler

Apr 1, 2024, 6:10:33 PMApr 1
to gan...@googlegroups.com

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Mid America Carpenters Regional Council <in...@carpentersunion.org>
Sent: Monday, April 1, 2024 at 12:13:37 PM EDT
Subject: Membership Monday: Last Chance for Bass Tourney ... and Impressive Home Building

April 1, 2024

On the Job

Union Carpenters are on the job for a brand new 11-story mixed-use development in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. This new structure will offer over 400,000 sq ft of retail and office space. The project is still in early stages, but with our members' skilled training it'll get done the right way, on time and on budget!

- Join the Fun -

There's still time to join us at the 35th Annual Carpenters Bass Tournament. Registration deadline is this Friday. It's a great time for a good cause supporting our scholarship fund. Click below, or call (314) 644-4800 ext. 5252 to reserve your spot. See you there!

Sign Up NOW!

- Home Sweet Home -

Union Carpenters working for Midwest Drywall in Wichita, KS are hanging metal studs and drywall for this massive vacation house. The family building the home plans to farm the land as well. This looks like one massive vacation home, mind if we stop by when it's finished?

- On the Lookout -

UBC’s Matt Capece was in Rockford earlier this month for a Public Construction Policy workshop speaking to elected officials from state and local governments about fraudulent contractors and the staggering amount of tax dollars lost due to their illegal practices. Illinois alone loses $200 million every year due to construction tax fraud. Matt did an outstanding job discussing what our good union contractors are up against when trying to compete with these cheating contractors.

Tragedy Will Change How Bridges are Built

MORE

Build My Future Expands Across Missouri

MORE

Flooylaying: David Gross, Executive Director of INSTALL, stopped by the St. Louis training center, where we’ve just kicked off our new porcelain panel class. Floorlaying apprentices are learning adhesives, precision cutting, safety and installation techniques for these durable and cost-effective fabricated panels. We thank our industry partners All-Tile, Cosentino and Better Tools for helping us bring this new class to our members.

MetLife’s April Financial Education Workshops

April is Financial Literacy Month

This month, MetLife is offering two separate workshop topics! Financial empowerment begins with learning! Set yourself up for success by learning smart money management now because preparing for retirement begins now, not when you retire.

MetLife workshops are free and open to all MACRC members and their dependents, 18 and older.

Get Retirement Ready: Tuesday, 4/9, 5 pm   Register

Retirewise® Series: Wednesdays, 4/17 & 4/24, 4 pm  Register

STLKC Benefit Plans: It's not too late to GoGreen!

When you GoGreen in Mid-America Carpenters Regional Benefit Services' new Member Portal, you will begin receiving email notifications when a new document is available in your portal inbox. Then, you will have access to the document at any time, when you want it. It won't get lost, take up space in your filing cabinet, or fill up landfills.

Sign up to GoGreen by April 30 to be entered in a raffle to win a $100 Amazon gift card.

Find out more

The Chicagoland area is now taking applications for our Concrete Form Builders program until April 19. Visit mactc.org to get started.

Apply Today

The Mid-America Sisterhood of Carpenters will be helping rebuild a historic property in Florissant, MO damaged by fire. Join us April 27 for a fun day of hard work, comradery, and improving our local community.

Sign Up Here!

More Info
Facebook  Twitter  Instagram
Mid-America Carpenters Regional Council | 12 East Erie Street, Chicago, IL 60611
Unsubscribe gregory...@aol.com
Update Profile | Our Privacy Policy | Constant Contact Data Notice
Sent by in...@carpentersunion.org powered by
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.