Welcome to the family: Prometheus Ganeti Exporter

Rudolph Bott

Oct 17, 2023, 11:04:14 AM10/17/23
to gan...@googlegroups.com, ganeti...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone,

Today we are happy to announce a new repository on the Ganeti Github organisation:

The code has been kindly donated by the Wikimedia Foundation - thanks a lot!

There has been no official release yet. Please test, report any problems which you encounter in your environment and of course feel free to open/discuss feature requests or directly jump into the water with a fresh pull request :-)

Cheers,
Rudi on behalf of the Ganeti Project

c sights

Oct 17, 2023, 8:18:36 PM10/17/23
to gan...@googlegroups.com
Cool! I'm excited wikimedia users ganeti!

Daniel Howard

Oct 24, 2023, 1:33:52 PM10/24/23
to ganeti
On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 8:04:14 AM UTC-7 Rudolph Bott wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Today we are happy to announce a new repository on the Ganeti Github organisation:

The code has been kindly donated by the Wikimedia Foundation - thanks a lot!

This is neat! Thank you! I look forward to trying it out. Is there a Grafana dashboard available? (Or maybe notes/screenshots on how folks are making use of this.)

-danny

Rudolph Bott

Oct 24, 2023, 1:40:42 PM10/24/23
to gan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

There is currently one PR waiting for review which adds job metrics and a sample dashboard.

Once this has been merged there will be another PR which adds (optional) metrics obtained from hbal and hspace along with updated sample dashboards.

I might be able to publish/push that WIP branch later for you to try it out. But it might not get merged in the end :-)

Cheers,
Rudi

Rudolph Bott

Oct 24, 2023, 4:14:09 PM10/24/23
to gan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

quick update - you may check out this branch for testing: https://github.com/ganeti/prometheus-ganeti-exporter/tree/rbott/wip_htools

Cheers,
Rudi
--
 Rudolph Bott - bo...@sipgate.de

 sipgate GmbH - Gladbacher Str. 74 - 40219 Düsseldorf
 HRB Düsseldorf 39841 - Geschäftsführer: Thilo Salmon, Tim Mois
 Steuernummer: 106/5724/7147, Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE219349391

Rudolph Bott

Nov 6, 2023, 4:09:43 PM11/6/23
to gan...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick update: the referenced branch has now become an open PR :-)