SOS1

Ehsan Ghorbankhani

Apr 28, 2016, 2:30:35 AM4/28/16
to gamsworld
Does anyone can help me to implement the SOS1 variables in gams

Positive variable

Vp
Vn
DualVar

U = (DualVar+(G-g))/2;

Vp-Vn = (DualVar-(G-g))/2;

U - (Vp+Vn) =0;

Although it doesn't give me any error but the solution is not correct.
Thank you.

Pedro Javier Ramírez Torrealba

Apr 28, 2016, 4:55:35 AM4/28/16
to gams...@googlegroups.com

PEDRO JAVIER RAMÍREZ TORREALBA
Mobile: +44-(0)75-8069-3119
London, UNITED KINGDOM

Ehsan Ghorbankhani

Apr 28, 2016, 6:12:49 AM4/28/16
to gamsworld

Dear Pedro

Thank you my friend. Unfortunately I can't find relation between the document mentioned in the gams user guide and my work.
My research is similar to the paper " An SOS1-Based Approach for Solving MPECs with a Natural Gas Market Application

Pedro Javier Ramírez Torrealba

Apr 28, 2016, 9:56:24 AM4/28/16
to gams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ehsan,

I know that paper. In the GAMS website you can find information about how to define and use that type of variables. How to specifically use this type of variables depends on your model and what you want to achieve. Attached please find the link to another useful document where you can find further information about SOS1 and SOS2 and other integer programming tricks.

Cheers,
Pedro