ERROR: Solver "CPLEX"returned with nonzero exitcode 1

Tuong Nguyen Manh

Oct 15, 2015, 2:39:54 AM10/15/15
to Gamsworld
Hi there,
One of our user is trying to run our Gams model and encounter this ERROR
--- Executing CPLEX: elapsed 0:14:41.282
*** gevCallSolver: Solver failed <CPLEX,LP,sl=5>
*** gevCallSolver: rc=1 msg=The specified module could not be found.
 <problem occured when trying to load cpicclib64.dll>
*** Failure calling solver: CPLEX <rc=1>
ERROR: Solver "CPLEX"returned with nonzero exitcode 1
--- Restarting execution

This user has Gams runtime licence and he confirm that there is cpicclib64.dll file in GAMS folder.

Can you please tell me what could be wrong here?

Thanks and best regards
Tuong Nguyen

Michael Bussieck

Oct 15, 2015, 2:54:23 AM10/15/15
to gamsworld, manh...@yahoo.com
This is odd. What operating system (what Windows version) does your user run? If could be that some other DLLs are missing (which are usually present with regular Windows versions). There is a great tool called depends (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) that shows the dependency of DLLs. Make sure you download the x64 version. When you open the cpicclib64.dll file in depends.exe it will show you if a library is missing. The tool reports some system libs to be missing but that's okay. When I run the tool on my Windows 7 x64 box I get a result as show in the attached screen shot. Let your user do the same and hopefully depends finds some DLL that is truely missing.

Best,
Michael Bussieck - GAMSWorld Coordinator
Capture.PNG

Michael Bussieck

Oct 15, 2015, 2:58:54 AM10/15/15
to gamsworld, manh...@yahoo.com
Sorry, I attached the screen shot for the cpxcclib64.dll not cpicclib64.dll. Here comes the correct one. Michael
Capture.PNG

Tuong Nguyen Manh

Oct 15, 2015, 7:52:26 AM10/15/15
to gams...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,
Thank you for your reply. I think my user run it on window 13. Can it be an issue?
I will get my user to try it tomorrow.
Cheers
Tuong Nguyen

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 2:39:54 AM UTC-4, manhtuong wrote:
Hi there,
One of our user is trying to run our Gams model and encounter this ERROR
--- Executing CPLEX: elapsed 0:14:41.282
*** gevCallSolver: Solver failed <CPLEX,LP,sl=5>
*** gevCallSolver: rc=1 msg=The specified module could not be found.
 <problem occured when trying to load cpicclib64.dll>
*** Failure calling solver: CPLEX <rc=1>
ERROR: Solver "CPLEX"returned with nonzero exitcode 1
--- Restarting execution

This user has Gams runtime licence and he confirm that there is cpicclib64.dll file in GAMS folder.

Can you please tell me what could be wrong here?

Thanks and best regards
Tuong Nguyen

Karl Ho

Oct 19, 2015, 3:35:00 AM10/19/15
to gamsworld, manh...@yahoo.com
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your help. I am the user that is having the issues with CPLEX and GAMs.

See the attached screenshot of the dependency walker.

I am running GAMS 24.4 on windows 8.1 64bit.

Cheers,
Karl
Dependency Walker - Output.png

Lutz Westermann

Oct 19, 2015, 8:08:11 AM10/19/15
to gams...@googlegroups.com
Karl,

The screen-shot shows that the DLL "cplex1262.dll" cannot be found. It
should be next to cpicclib64.dll in the GAMS system folder (which is
C:\GAMS\win64\24.4 by default). Can you check if it is there? If not it
might help to do a clean installation of the GAMS system. You can get
this version of GAMS from here:

http://www.gams.com/download/download_old.htm

Best regards,
Lutz

On 10/18/2015 4:48 PM, Karl Ho wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thank you for your help. I am the user that is having the issues with
> CPLEX and GAMs.
>
> See the attached screenshot of the dependency walker.
>
> I am running GAMS 24.4 on windows 8.1 64bit.
>
> Cheers,
> Karl
>
> On Friday, 16 October 2015 00:52:26 UTC+13, manhtuong wrote:
>
> Hi Michael,
> Thank you for your reply. I think my user run it on window 13. Can
> it be an issue?
> I will get my user to try it tomorrow.
> Cheers
> Tuong Nguyen
>

> On Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:58 PM, Michael Bussieck
> <mbus...@gams.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>

> Sorry, I attached the screen shot for the cpxcclib64.dll not
> cpicclib64.dll. Here comes the correct one. Michael
>
> On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 2:54:23 AM UTC-4, Michael Bussieck
> wrote:
>
> This is odd. What operating system (what Windows version) does
> your user run? If could be that some other DLLs are missing
> (which are usually present with regular Windows versions). There
> is a great tool called depends (http://www.dependencywalker.
> com/ <http://www.dependencywalker.com/>) that shows the
> send an email to gamsworld+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> <javascript:>.
> <http://groups.google.com/group/gamsworld>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --

Lutz Westermann LWest...@gams.com
GAMS Development Corporation GAMS Software GmbH
1217 Potomac St. NW, P.O. Box 40 59
Washington DC, 20007, USA 50216 Frechen, Germany
Fon/Fax: +1 202 342-0180/1 Fon/Fax: +49 221 949-9170/1
http://www.gams.com

Karl Ho

Nov 13, 2015, 2:29:17 AM11/13/15
to gamsworld
Hi Lutz,

Thank you for your help.

Apologies for the lack in replies but after jumping through many holes in our IT system a fresh install to 24.5 has fixed this issue.

Regards,
Karl