Gammapy PIG 10 - Regions

Christoph Deil

Jun 7, 2019, 7:05:20 AM6/7/19
to gam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you are interested in Gammapy and regions, please review PIG 10 - Regions.

The deadline for comments is June 16.

PIG 10 outlines some changes and improvements to astropy-regions and region-handling in Gammapy,
Some of the details concerning sky and pixel regions are tricky, so we wrote the PIG to make sure there is discussion and we have a good design.
The scope of the PIG is relatively small, and the work to implement it in total isn’t large, so the hope is that we can get this done for v0.13 in July.

Commenting on Github, where everyone sees it, is preferred:

But you can also send comments via email if you prefer.

Christoph, Axel & Régis

Christoph Deil

Jun 17, 2019, 1:20:15 PM6/17/19
to gammapy
Hi,

we did not receive any further comments on PIG 10 - Regions.

It was accepted and merged today.

The pixel region rotate method (the main feature we were missing for Gammapy) was added in astropy-regions v0.4:

We now plan to clean up regions-related code in Gammapy in the coming weeks.

As always - comments and suggestions are welcome any time!
Especially for a PIG like this where several questions remain open.

Christoph, Axel & Régis