Re: what if I don't want my PCs to have a ship?

Abrigon Gusiq

Feb 8, 2011, 5:34:29 PM2/8/11
to gaming-...@googlegroups.com
Singular ship is a nice way to deal with PCs, but yes, not always realistic.

I like the ones where trhe ship is the adventure.. You know your on a ship, or you do not?

Why in Traveller, you had military surplus or more like you find it on some planet, a left over from the last war, but now what?

End of the Federation/Empire or like.. Old bone yards and more? Civlian ships are not well armed if at all? Speed and all, why Han Solo had a old light cruiser?

I wonder if one option for the depression we seem to be in, is to expand into space and more than just ... nope but ... Expansion is not the first time, that a nation has "solved" their financial and population problems. Got to many homeless, start a war, kill them off and move on? See WW2 and Hitler, way to many veterans who was often unemployed and some even armed, FreiKorps they was called, often little more than gangs..  Now if you give them a ship and ... a star to steer by? Not likely to be much, unless you have some idea something is there?

Star Ship Trooper, how did the war star? Or it was paranoa or arachnaphobia/xenophobia?

Mike