WG4 next webinar --> Monday 10th June 16:30-17:30 CET - Yannick Rochat

Lisa Rougetet

Jun 3, 2024, 10:29:41 AMJun 3
to gametab...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Please find below (and on the website https://gametable.network/news/news-wg4-seminar2.html) the announce for the next
WG4 Webinar.

See you soon online!

Best wishes,

Lisa & Tiago

---------------
During the monthly webinar hosted by WG4, scheduled for Monday, June 10, 2024, from 16:30 to 17:30 CET, Yannick Rochat will present a talk titled:

Teaching the mathematics of games in a faculty of arts

In this talk, I will present a course I am teaching at a faculty of arts on mathematics in games. The course, called 'Playful Mathematics,' has two main aims.
As a first-year course, it introduces students to the role of mathematics in their studies by covering a range of topics—such as graph theory, probability, combinatorics, geometry, and Markov chains—in relation to the study of games.
It also emphasizes that this faculty considers games as legitimate objects of study. I will discuss the course's place in our curriculum, the topics covered, the work produced by students, the feedback received, and my assessment of the course's impact three years after it was first introduced.

Yannick is currently an Assistant Professor at the Department of Linguistics and Information Studies, in the Faculty of Arts of the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.

Zoom link: https://univ-nantes-fr.zoom.us/j/82265341281.