GamesWithWords.org @ SXSW

Games With Words

Aug 19, 2013, 2:59:41 PM8/19/13
to gameswi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

Are you interested in how the Internet-based research you have been participating in is changing (and will continue to change) our view of the world? We hope the folks at SXSW are.

For those of you who don't know, South by Southwest is a massive yearly cultural fair. Together with the folks at TestMyBrain.org and LabInTheWild.org -- two of the other largest and most successful web laboratories -- we have put in a proposal for a panel at the convention to discuss our work (including work you have probably participated in!) and the potential we believe it has to change social science (and the ways in which it already has) and, by extension, our understanding of humanity.

The public can vote on SXSW proposals. So if you think promoting this work would be a good idea, please go to the website and vote for our proposal. The judges are particularly impressed by comments, so please consider leaving one.

---

In other news, sometime this week I'll be posting a new experiment at gameswithwords.org in Russian. So if you speak Russian, stay tuned... (I have another experiment that will probably go up in the next few weeks as well.)

Joshua Hartshorne
GamesWithWords.org