New experiment at GamesWithWords.org: Mind Reading Quotient

Joshua Hartshorne

Feb 16, 2011, 2:23:57 PM2/16/11
to gameswi...@googlegroups.com
Other people's motivations are invisible to us. For us to figure out why someone is doing what they're doing, we have to -- in a sense -- read their minds. There is a new experiment up on the website that tests your ability to do this, called the Mind Reading Quotient. You'll do a series of short tasks, each of which measure different aspects of this ability (plus a control vocabulary test and a 20 second math test).

This is a pretty fun experiment, and because it is based mostly on tests I've used before, I am able to not just give you your scores for each of the tests at the end, in most cases I can also give you your percentile score, which tells you how well you did compared with everyone else.

Josh Hartshorne
PhD Candidate
Department of Psychology
Harvard University