New research at GamesWithWords.org

G. Wwords

Apr 23, 2013, 12:39:19 PM4/23/13
to gameswi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

It has been busy times at GamesWithWords.org. In addition to Collecting Fancy Art, which was described in an email last week, three additional experiments have been posted over the last few days:

The Vocab Quiz, a 5-minute, 32-question vocabulary test. See how strong your vocabulary is compared to the others who have taken the quiz.

The Language & Memory Test, in which we investigate memory abilities and word-learning abilities. At the end, you will see how your memory abilities compare with others who have taken this test.

Trials of the Heart, in which we compare the meanings of words in English and Korean. Did you ever wonder if there are true synonyms across languages? Us, too, and we have been looking at emotion verbs in particular across a number of different languages. Here, we are looking especially for people who only know English, people who only know Korean, and people who know at least some of both languages (we're looking at language-learning, too).

Thank you all for your continued support of our work.

Joshua Hartshorne
GamesWithWords.org & M.I.T.