Looking for information or interest in game about carbon cycle from point of view of carbon atom. Simple game.

Joanne Ivancic

Jan 4, 2022, 2:34:01 PM1/4/22
to Games for Change

I was referred to this group by Eric (Batcat) (Never Alone Team) after I made the following inquiry after attending an online presentation about use of games for education, particularly climate mitigation education.  It is my dream that someone will do a game that explains the carbon cycle from the point of view of a carbon atom. This could be a very simple game for very young children who can just choose different paths from the starting point of being part of a lump of coal combusted for power generation, linking with two oxygen friends as part of exhaust sent into the atmosphere; and then following many adventures that go through different plants and transformations like digestion after being eaten by an animal, digestion in an anaerobic digester, conversion to ethanol or other biofuels, becoming part of plastic or cement, etc. There can be elemental science taught or deep dives into biology, microbiology, chemistry and physics.

I think that even the most basic game would teach the player(s) a lot.

Our organization, Advanced Biofuels USA is a barely funded all-volunteer nonprofit, so this is not something we can fund.

If any of you ever take this idea and run with it, please let me know and I’ll promote it on our website; or if you would like to talk with me about this in greater detail, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Or, perhaps you know of such a game that already exists. Please let me know. I think that understanding the carbon cycle helps people think more deeply about causes of and possible solutions to climate change.

Here’s some information about Advanced Biofuels USA:

Advanced Biofuels USA, a nonprofit educational organization advocates for the adoption of advanced, sustainable, renewable fuels as an immediate climate change mitigation and pollution control solution. Our key tool is our web site, www.AdvancedBiofuelsUSA.org, with a more than 40,000-item online library, a resource for all from opinion-leaders, decision-makers and legislators to industry professionals, investors, feedstock growers and researchers; as well as journalists, teachers and students. We prepare technology and policy assessments, brief government staff, participate in conferences and lecture. Technology neutral and feedstock and product agnostic, our work is respected around the world.

If you want to reach me directly, in...@AdvancedBiofuelsUSA.org  I don't usually use th listed gmail account.   Thanks, Joanne

David Gagnon

Jan 6, 2022, 12:48:48 PM1/6/22
to advancedb...@gmail.com, Games for Change
We have a very simple carbon, nitrogen and water cycle game at https://theyardgames.org/#games

--
David Gagnon
Field Day Lab

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gamesforchange?hl=en

By opting into this Google Group, you are also opting into our bi-monthly newsletter which we will send to you via the e-mail address you are using for the Google Group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Games for Change" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gamesforchange/dbe33c59-e161-4233-8937-06ed03a224c6n%40googlegroups.com.

William D. Volk

Jan 6, 2022, 12:48:56 PM1/6/22
to Joanne Ivancic, Games for Change, William D. Volk
Joanne,

I found a ‘paper’ game on this subject:  https://climatechangelive.org/img/fck/file/carbon_cycle_game.pdf

By rolling a die, students will simulate a molecule of carbon’s movement throughout various locations within the carbon cycle.

Maybe that could be adapted to a mobile and/or web based game?

Irene Perez

Nov 14, 2022, 12:56:32 PM11/14/22
to Games for Change
What are the do’s and don’ts during the case study research? What kind of books are you allowed to get information from? We all know clearly that in research writing, not all books are permitted to be used so it is vital to know which books are really needed to support or backup the information concerning the research. If by any way you decide to use custom essay writing service or case study help during the research. It doesn’t really matter, but it is important that you give the essay writer all the important information you derived from the lecturer. This is so that he or she will be fully equipped in order to face any challenges you throw at them.

четверг, 6 января 2022 г. в 19:48:56 UTC+2, willia...@gmail.com: