Social Enterprises within the Gaming Community

75 visningar

Jens

oläst,
20 aug. 2020 10:18:592020-08-20
till Games for Change
Hello everyone! My name is Jens and I spend most of my time enabling people to use their skills to make change in the world. The Sustainable Development Goals are the compass for my work. I came across this amazing group when I was trying to find developers aiming to make a social impact through video games. To keep it short, I am simply looking for social enterprises in the gaming industry who are interested in being consulted by professional volunteers. If you know of any such social enterprises, please do not hesitate to reply to this post. Thank you in advance!

Teddy Florea

oläst,
24 sep. 2020 13:19:512020-09-24
till Games for Change

Hi Jens,

My name is Teddy, and I am the Director of Business Development at the Nordic Game conference in Sweden. I would like to congratulate you on your super interesting initiative in connecting like minded people on good causes advocacy.

Our team is in the starting process of setting up a social enterprise by creating a digital global library of serious games taking an environmental protection perspective so I thought I would reach out to explore ideas and ways through which we may partner.

The upcoming library focuses on high quality game and narrative experiences, and targets adolescents between the ages of 12 and 18. Furthermore, we will be working with the University of Medellin in Colombia, and relevant field NGOs on researching via human designed methods on how to create curriculum experiences for children and women in rural communities that would translate into game creation and experiential activities advancing skills for them in those regions. The whole project also includes responsible eco-tourism via immersive trips into community run programs starting in Colombia, and progressively advancing into other wonderful hidden gems in the Global South.

I would love to have an initial call next week to introduce each other, and learn more from each end.

Cheers,

Teddy

Clauvin Almeida

oläst,
25 sep. 2020 12:19:142020-09-25
till Teddy Florea, Games for Change
Hi! So, I read the conversation and want to give some help to your team, Teddy. Below is a link to a Discord server for game developers focused in facing global warming, I'm sure you will find there people who will help with the creation of the library and toward the objectives of your team:

https://discord.gg/qmxSWh

If the link is expired when you click on it, send me an e-mail, I will send you another invite.

Good luck to you both,
Cláuvin

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gamesforchange?hl=en

By opting into this Google Group, you are also opting into our bi-monthly newsletter which we will send to you via the e-mail address you are using for the Google Group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Games for Change" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gamesforchange/db9c1d1e-50a4-4864-83a8-5e6a6830a86cn%40googlegroups.com.

Felix Knight

oläst,
15 juni 2021 12:23:032021-06-15
till Games for Change
Cláuvin, I'd like to join the server but the group doesn't display your full email. Would you please send me an invite or more info about it? My email is felixma...@gmail.com, or if it's not visible for some reason, you can find my contact info on my website- https://felixknight.weebly.com/resume--contact.html

Thanks, and take care!

-Felix Knight

Clauvin Almeida

oläst,