Large-scale social simulations

Ola Leifler

May 1, 2023, 11:32:04 AM5/1/23
to Games for Change
Hi!

First post, so I thought to introduce myself. My name is Ola Leifler, and I represent a group in Sweden doing research on large-scale social simulations (Megagames) intended to promote better conversations around societal transformations. We run games on energy futures (Switching the Current), sustainable consumption practices (Changing the Game of Consumption) and soon on bridging rural-urban divides in the discourse on transformation to a sustainable society (Melting the Polarization). We also host Megagame-design courses on the subject. We have a blog/research site on https://gamesforsocialtransformation.com and are looking for ways to find peers in this space of social simulations/serious games that aim to promote better conversations and constructive action towards societal transformation.

Looking forward to get to know you!

Best regards,
Ola Leifler, Linköping University, Sweden

jmd...@gmail.com

May 12, 2023, 3:03:12 PM5/12/23
to Games for Change
Hello Ola: We are just finishing up our open alpha test at PolicyKeys.com. It's a deceptively simple role playing game, but behind it is a one-page narrative tool, two levels of pattern recognition AI, and the first ever nonpartisan rating system which allows ideas to be ranked on a leaderboard. We're finishing up the coding for V2. We've already beed recognized for innovation by the OECD's OPSI site. For different countries we would co-build that country's or State's game board which is a level playing field. Our ground truth behind the AI is, "There is a time to save and time to spend, a time for freedom and time for laws—where can we agree?" Happy to talk more if you're interested. Cheers, Jon Denn you can reach me direct at jon (at) PolicyKeys (dot) com.

Juan Pablo A. Sanchez King

May 22, 2023, 11:51:50 AM5/22/23
to Ola Leifler, Games for Change
Hello Ola,

My name is Juan Pablo Sanchez King (https://www.deseable.org/post/profile), I am a researcher of experiential learning and cultural transformation from Boston College. I had developed a transformational game protocol named Animalia. It works as an ontologic simulator and facilitates generative conversations toward social transformation. My work is foundational to other games, and protocols that aim for social change and sustainability. I believe we both might share similar interests and probably concerns. If you are interested, I am open for a video conference meeting whenever it is convenient for you. Please let me know at sain...@bc.edu

Kind regards,
Juan Pablo

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gamesforchange?hl=en

By opting into this Google Group, you are also opting into our bi-monthly newsletter which we will send to you via the e-mail address you are using for the Google Group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Games for Change" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gamesforchange/777f3386-14e3-4ba0-81c7-ec0b5951fc77n%40googlegroups.com.