Inclusive Games Group

Kat Schrier Shaenfield

Oct 6, 2021, 10:10:23 AM10/6/21
to gamesfo...@googlegroups.com
Hello all-
I am inviting anyone interested to join a new group related to inclusive games. We are holding our first meeting on October 7 (Thursday) at 8 pm ET (virtual), and our second meeting on October 14th (Thursday) at 10 am ET (virtual).

We are exploring things like...
--Developing an "unconference" on inclusive games
--Creating whitepapers/open access books on inclusive games
--Connecting with each other and with organizations that are supporting inclusion in games
--Finding collaborators for grants, research, and scholarship
--Finding collaborators for games and other projects
--Creating a cozy, inclusive, caring community
--& MORE!
Please email me if you want more details about the group and our meeting.

Take care, Kat
Dr. Karen (Kat) Schrier
http://www.karenschrier.com

Associate Professor & Director, Games & Emerging Media program, Marist College
Author, We the Gamers (Oxford University Press)
Author, Knowledge Games (Johns Hopkins University Press)
Editor, Learning, Education, & Games book series (ETC Press/Carnegie Mellon)
Author, Designing Ourselves (Center for Technology & Society)

Michael Stauffer

Oct 6, 2021, 12:24:04 PM10/6/21
to Games for Change
Hi Karen,

Can you say more about what 'inclusive' entails for you? I'm working on a movement-arts therapy game, and we're looking at helping people with neurodiverse challenges, possibly Dementia too. Part of what we'll be doing is allowing the game to adapt to different movement ranges and visual/auditory stimulus tolerances.

Next Level Gaming

Aug 8, 2022, 10:30:58 AM8/8/22
to Games for Change

Next Level Gaming

Aug 8, 2022, 10:31:00 AM8/8/22
to Games for Change
Yeh sur

David Chandross

Aug 15, 2022, 10:48:13 AM8/15/22
to Next Level Gaming, Games for Change
Sure, working on that stuff now and would love some discussion.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gamesforchange?hl=en

By opting into this Google Group, you are also opting into our bi-monthly newsletter which we will send to you via the e-mail address you are using for the Google Group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Games for Change" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gamesforchange/2d114c2a-f9fc-46c7-a0a0-a38382717e2dn%40googlegroups.com.

--
David Chandross, Ph.D.
Senior Scholar in Mixed Reality, Inclusive Design and Media Center at Toronto Metropolitan University

Cary Staples

Aug 15, 2022, 10:48:16 AM8/15/22
to Games for Change
Is this group still accepting members?
I would like to join, if so.
I am working on "experiences" for several audiences, both physical and cognative.

Thanks . Cary

Teddy Florea

Aug 16, 2022, 10:17:16 AM8/16/22
to Games for Change
Can you tell us more about the experiences?