Inclusive Games Group

Kat Schrier Shaenfield

Oct 6, 2021, 10:10:23 AMOct 6
to gamesfo...@googlegroups.com
Hello all-
I am inviting anyone interested to join a new group related to inclusive games. We are holding our first meeting on October 7 (Thursday) at 8 pm ET (virtual), and our second meeting on October 14th (Thursday) at 10 am ET (virtual).

We are exploring things like...
--Developing an "unconference" on inclusive games
--Creating whitepapers/open access books on inclusive games
--Connecting with each other and with organizations that are supporting inclusion in games
--Finding collaborators for grants, research, and scholarship
--Finding collaborators for games and other projects
--Creating a cozy, inclusive, caring community
--& MORE!
Please email me if you want more details about the group and our meeting.

Take care, Kat
Dr. Karen (Kat) Schrier
http://www.karenschrier.com

Associate Professor & Director, Games & Emerging Media program, Marist College
Author, We the Gamers (Oxford University Press)
Author, Knowledge Games (Johns Hopkins University Press)
Editor, Learning, Education, & Games book series (ETC Press/Carnegie Mellon)
Author, Designing Ourselves (Center for Technology & Society)

Michael Stauffer

Oct 6, 2021, 12:24:04 PMOct 6
to Games for Change
Hi Karen,

Can you say more about what 'inclusive' entails for you? I'm working on a movement-arts therapy game, and we're looking at helping people with neurodiverse challenges, possibly Dementia too. Part of what we'll be doing is allowing the game to adapt to different movement ranges and visual/auditory stimulus tolerances.