Looking for Ecogames developers lists, aggregators and job offers

Valerio De Simone

Feb 14, 2023, 11:50:45 AM2/14/23
to Games for Change
Hi everyone,

After my first years in this industry as game designer, I'd love to find a position in a company, or in a project, that tackles ethical issues, especially climate change and environment conservation.

TLDR: I want to do my beloved job while doing my part for the planet.

The problem is to find it. Picking companies one by one, and hoping they will be looking exactly for my specific position is far from practical.
Does anyone of you know a place to find ethical jobs in game dev industry? An aggregator site, a group, a forum...

TLDR2: do you know any site/group/whatever to look for ethical dev jobs

Thanks to everyone for any information

Teddy Florea

Feb 16, 2023, 10:57:37 AM2/16/23
to Games for Change
Hey! Thanks for sharing your interest! We at EcoManka are an environmental NGO building the future of youth eco-education with a specific focus on vulnerable communities. Through our compassion based curriculum, we are using gamified methods to enact empathy into underprivileged youth so they can build eco-tourism trails (presencial, AR, and metaverse) opening the community the outside visitors thus facilitating social transformation.

We are currently fundraising for our MVP in Cali, Colombia so we are all volunteers but if you feel the calling you can join us on our mission, and see where the dream takes us further. www.ecomanka.net .

Feel free to email us at in...@ecomanka.net .

Love,

Teddy

Mike McGraw

Feb 24, 2023, 4:47:36 PM2/24/23
to DeS...@gmail.com, Games for Change
Hi, I'm not sure where I found this org (probably on this email list haha), but this might be the kind of thing you're looking for:

---
Mike McGraw (he/him) - Software Solutions R&D
To book a meeting: calendly.com/mike-mcgraw

On Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 11:50:45 AM UTC-5 desimon...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi everyone,

After my first years in this industry as game designer, I'd love to find a position in a company, or in a project, that tackles ethical issues, especially climate change and environment conservation.

TLDR: I want to do my beloved job while doing my part for the planet.

The problem is to find it. Picking companies one by one, and hoping they will be looking exactly for my specific position is far from practical.
Does anyone of you know a place to find ethical jobs in game dev industry? An aggregator site, a group, a forum...

TLDR2: do you know any site/group/whatever to look for ethical dev jobs

Thanks to everyone for any information

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gamesforchange?hl=en

By opting into this Google Group, you are also opting into our bi-monthly newsletter which we will send to you via the e-mail address you are using for the Google Group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Games for Change" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gamesforchange/a0bfc01a-17bf-4944-9a6a-baacd98ce26fn%40googlegroups.com.

Teddy Florea

Mar 3, 2023, 2:27:34 PM3/3/23
to Games for Change
Greetings! We are providing internships at EcoManka! We are curating the metaverse of gamified eco-educational experiences launched through school curriculum in social community areas in Latin America/ Africa, and in regular schools globally. We aim to make education more empathetic, inclusive, and immersive. www.ecomanka.net; in...@ecomanka.net

Valerio De Simone

Apr 6, 2023, 10:15:47 AM4/6/23
to Games for Change
Ty everyone for the advices! If something more comes up, I'm all ears :D