(Please share) 2021 Annual Life.Love. Game Design Challenge launched!

Drew Crecente

Sep 10, 2021, 1:13:10 PM9/10/21
to Games for Change
2021-game-design-challenge_unplugged_1600x900.png
***Register your game pitch by September 26, 2021***

For our 14th Annual Game Design Challenge we are unplugging from our phones, tablets, and computers and are looking for games known by many names and categories: Board Games, Tabletop Games, Card Games, Paper Games, etc.

We will just refer to them as: unplugged games.

This year's game design theme is Power & Control.

- - - - -

Can you design a non-violent unplugged game that will help those who play it better understand the role and impact of Power & Control in dating relationships?

- - - - - -

DETAILS

The Unplugged Game Challenge consists of two rounds:

Round One consists of submitting a proposed game pitch. This entails answering the five questions found on the Unplugged Contest website.

Round Two is limited to 10 Finalists which will be selected from the Round One proposed game pitch submissions.

Unplugged Game Contest Timeline
  • Round One: Game pitches due by September 26, 2021.
  • Finalists selected by October 3, 2021.
  • Round Two: Completed games due by October 24, 2021.
  • Judging and critiquing of games through November 28, 2021.
  • Winning game announced December 2021.

- - - - -

We look forward to seeing your ideas. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. All of our previous game challenges involved video games and so there might be some aspects of this year's competition that we've not considered.

Thank you for your ongoing interest & support of our use of games for violence prevention!

Best,
- Drew

Drew Crecente
Executive Director