Philosophy Board Game!

Galen Radtke

Sep 26, 2022, 10:32:08 AM9/26/22
to Games for Change

Hello my name is Galen!

My board game Philosophy is getting published by Quality Beast and I am looking for help to spread the word. I think it goes well with Games for Change because Philosophy brings people together for a game that feels more like a living cooperative puzzle than a competition.

People ask what the connection is between "philosophy as a theme" and "tile shifting for mechanics." While the shifting tiles represent how ideas are moved around in real conversations... the best fan explanation I've heard this is that, "Philosophy is the most thematic game ever because when you play it people end up having a conversation."

It is also the only board game to include "the respect token" a tile that players can offer one another in a gesture of pure respect. This builds a healthy culture around the game and turns respect from an abstract concept into a tangible one.

Overall it is a wholesome experience that develops the mind and friendships alike. So it is made for change! I'm also proud of it because we didn't design it for consumer standards but rather to do something meaningful.

Please check it out and consider spreading awareness of the game on socials and/or grabbing a copy for yourself!

https://gamefound.com/projects/qualitybeast/philosophy?refcode=C7IlRXk3HkGfsNjvNLnScQ

Thanks!

-Galen

402f94a1-4a20-4642-9902-ef55647426a3.jpg

steve stevesteve.com

Sep 26, 2022, 11:49:40 AM9/26/22
to Games for Change

Help recruiting students to play test a learning game…

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips for how to create a play test group of middle school students for a learning game?

We’ve been challenged as to how to find them / interest them.

Any suggestions welcome.

Best -=Steve

st...@stevesteve.com

Stephen Smith | CEO G7 Research

If your plan is for 1 year, plant rice. If your plan is for 10 years, plant trees. If your plan is for 100 years, educate children. -Confucius