Fwd: Festival Dates announced, Submissions deadlines, plus two upcoming Jams!

Celia Pearce

May 12, 2023, 3:03:04 PM5/12/23
to gamesfo...@googlegroups.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: Parker Mann <par...@indiecade.com>
Subject: Fwd: Festival Dates announced, Submissions deadlines, plus two upcoming Jams!
Date: May 9, 2023 at 5:53:43 PM EDT
To: "Pearce, Celia" <ce...@indiecade.com>

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: IndieCade <cen...@indiecade.com>
Date: Tue, May 9, 2023 at 9:03 AM
To: <par...@indiecade.com>

­ ­ ­
­ ­
­ ­ ­

IndieCade 2023 Awards  – Dates Announced!

We are pleased to announce that IndieCade's Annual Awards will be held November 4th, 2023. The Awards will be live streamed on the front page of Steam.

Save-the-date. November 4th, on Steam, to celebrate these innovative creators and their work!   Late submissions and memberships are still open.

The Awards will take place in tandem with the Festival week on Steam, which will include the 2023 Nominated & Award winning games, games from a wide spectrum of Alumni & Members, as well as additional features and activations for the many non-traditional, mobile, Alt Control, Tabletop and other games in the Festival.
­
Submit your game today!
­
Sign up as an IndieCade member!
­
­
­ ­ ­
­ ­
­ ­ ­

Climate Jam 2023 Theme Announced!

The theme for this year's Climate Jam is Wildlife Trafficking.

Join us the weekend of National Endangered Species Day, May 19-21, and make games confronting this threat to our natural world.

Join the jam on itch.io
­
­ ­ ­
­ ­
­ ­ ­
­

Greenlight Jam is Back!

Our five week jam returns for its second year!

The concept of “greenlighting” a project is giving it the clearance to be fully developed in a released project. For this jam, it only means taking the concepts from the first week and giving them the “all clear” to be made into a title worth selling!

Join the jam for any idea you have or choose one of our diversifiers designed to enable creators to revisit our recent shorter jam topics including Wildlife Trafficking and Hidden Heroes!

The jam will begin June 16th!
­
Learn more here!
­
­

Horizons Showcase & Faculty Awards

Join us online on June 3rd to celebrate the students and academic institutions taking part in this years' IndieCade Horizons.

The Showcase will include listings of a variety of games from our close to thirty participating institutions, in addition to a live-stream of student work, discussions and much more, including the announcement of our annual Faculty of Excellence Awards!

Faculty nominations will be only accepted through this Friday, May 12th. Learn more and submit your nominations here: https://www.indiecade.com/horizons-2023-faculty-nominations/
­
­ ­ ­
­ ­
­ ­ ­
­

Welcome Back!!

Beyond Screens: Alt+Ctrl Returns!

Beyond Screens: Alt+Ctrl has returned for monthly shows on Twitch!!

Join hosts Alistair Aitcheson and Tatiana Vilela dos Santos each month as they explore the hottest Alt Control games and chat with their creators.

Check out the VOD with their first guest of the year, Martzi Campos - an artist and interactive designer teaching at USC (and former IndieCade Twitch host!). Martzi's games use beautiful hand-crafted real-world props, AR, pop-up books and even live actors to weave stories and explore spaces.

Watch their episode with Martzi Campos HERE!

Make sure to subscribe to our channel for their next episode!
­
Subscribe to IndieCade's Twitch Channel
­
­ ­ ­
­ ­
­ ­ ­

Late Submissions open through May 31st

IndieCade 2023 Festival Submissions are still open through the end of May!

Submit by May 31st for this year's Anywhere and Everywhere event on Steam and beyond!

­
Submit your game today!
­

Join us!

Membership supports all of our work, including our festivals, showcases, symposia, streaming, and scholarship programs and so much more that reach audiences around the world.

In addition to making an impact, members get to participate in IndieCade throughout the year in many meaningful ways, including being the first to learn about news, hearing directly from creators and scholars, as well as attending and participating in special programs throughout the year.

Member benefits* include complimentary submissions, tickets to our events, and participation our fall Anywhere and Everywhere Festival (this year on Steam).
*Specific benefits vary by tier.
­
Sign up today!
­
IndieCade: The International Festival of Independent Games

Copyright © *2023* *IndieCade*, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is: 1081 Amoroso Place, 90291, Venice
This email was sent to par...@indiecade.com
You've received it because you've subscribed to our newsletter.

--

Parker Mann
Director of Operations, IndieCade