Popular games that promote SEL (social emotional learning)

Randy Kulman

Oct 17, 2022, 12:09:24 PM10/17/22
to Games for Change
Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions for online, indie games that practice and encourage using SEL skills such as self-control, self-awareness, managing emotions, and flexible problem-solving. Our team at LearningWorks for Kids uses many popular games as teaching tools for improving these skills in kids and teens,  But we are not as aware of other social impact games or tools.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Randy Kulman

--
Randy Kulman, Ph.D.
President, LearningWorks for Kids

Fullerton, Tracy

Oct 17, 2022, 12:11:49 PM10/17/22
to Randy Kulman, Games for Change
We have an SEL module for Walden EDU here: https://www.waldengame.com/info-what-i-lived-for

Best,
Tracy

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gamesforchange?hl=en

By opting into this Google Group, you are also opting into our bi-monthly newsletter which we will send to you via the e-mail address you are using for the Google Group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Games for Change" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gamesforchange/CALb-j-TjmW9xf4CqJ%3DunvuaoA9F-eBSq9Oq6s-Zy%2B4W7MB75tQ%40mail.gmail.com.

van...@socialciphergame.com

Oct 21, 2022, 1:54:54 PM10/21/22
to Games for Change
Hi! I run a Social-Emotional Learning game company called Social Cipher, and our game series, Ava, covers most of what you've described! Our games are currently being played in about 125 schools and therapy centers internationally. Feel free to check it out at our website here and I'm happy to hop on a call and chat more about it if you'd like . :)

Best,
Vanessa

Michael Carter

Oct 24, 2022, 1:13:02 PM10/24/22
to Games for Change, Ondine Bullot
Also, "Wisdom" from betterkids.education

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gamesforchange?hl=en

By opting into this Google Group, you are also opting into our bi-monthly newsletter which we will send to you via the e-mail address you are using for the Google Group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Games for Change" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gamesforchange/04612eb9-fba8-4a75-b228-4ad26ddf2a6en%40googlegroups.com.

Ilya Lyashevsky

Oct 24, 2022, 1:54:56 PM10/24/22
to Michael Carter, Games for Change, Ondine Bullot
Hi there,

I run ThinkHumanTV which, while not technically a game, allows people to improve their social emotional skills while watching major streaming sites like Netflix and Disney+, with gamification elements built in. You can try it free, and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

best,
ilya

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Games for Change" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gamesforchange/CAAp5bE%2BWxp60SsEeYzNYkNwtzWGHWkS-px8Co9UaspkD5n%3DdFg%40mail.gmail.com.