Inquiry about organizing a 2022 G4C education session

Ashira Greene

Dec 2, 2021, 2:50:49 PM12/2/21
to Games for Change
Hi all,

Excited about the prospect of attending and participating in G4C 2022! I've really enjoyed connecting with different people on the list over the past few years, and am wondering whether anyone might be interested in collaborating on a session about integrating digital games in K-12 curricula, specifically for pain-point programming such as literacy, English as a Foreign Language, other foreign languages, and/or STEM.

A bit about me: I've curated educational media and gaming programs for the AAAS Annual Meeting, have a doctorate in the teaching of English as a Foreign Language, developed language assessments at the Center for Applied Linguistics, and have a background in 6-12 ELA/EFL teaching. Big Oregon Trail fan.

Topics I'd love to include in this session:
- theories of why certain subjects are pain points and how gamification responds to those issues
- how digital games can turn passive learning environments into active ones
- how digital games can turn isolated learning environments into team-oriented ones
- thoughts on why certain games are more successful than others

It would be great to organize a session with at least one:
- Researcher
- K-12 teacher
- Game creator

If this sounds like a session you'd like to be part of, please send me a quick email with a bit about yourself and a link to your online presence (LinkedIn, company or institutional site, or academia.edu).

Thanks for your consideration!

All the best,

Ashira

---