Announcing the Winning Resilience Video Games: 15th Annual Life.Love. Game Design Challenge [Jennifer Ann's Group]

Drew

Oct 14, 2022, 10:42:50 AM10/14/22
to Games for Change
Resilient Games 1600 x 900px.png
RESILIENCE GAME WINNERS

Jennifer Ann's Group is pleased to share the winning games from its 15th annual prosocial game design challenge! Here is a brief video announcing the resilience game winners: https://vimeo.com/758894584

The attached press release contains much more information, including quotes from the developers of the winning games and trailers of these video games, but for those who just want the high-level info here is a list of the winners.

These prosocial games were intentionally designed to help adolescents develop important skills to foster individual resilience:
  • 1st place: One New Message from Eloise Best (England)
  • 2nd place: New Sun from Massimo Di Cesare (Columbia)
  • 3rd place (tie): UnEarth from Robin Ghosh (Canada)
  • 3rd place (tie): The Path from Hugo Gonçalves (Portugal)
  • 4th place: What's Next?!? from Shelley Wilson (U.S.A.)
We are excited to see such a diverse group of game developers and believe the games reflect the diversity of their experiences. For this year's contest we received entries representing 10 countries from 4 continents.

- - - - -
♥Thank you to our wonderful judges!♥
- - - - -

These free resilience games will be available soon.
Before publishing the games we will be incorporating changes suggested by the panel of experts who served as contest judges and will also be collaborating with education consultants to create supplemental resources for use by educators in classrooms.

Read more about the contest and resilience at the resilience games website: https://Resilient.Games

Thank you for sharing this with your groups!

Best,
- Drew

Drew Crecente, JD
Executive Director, Jennifer Ann's Group

► Jennifer Ann's Group is a nonprofit 501(c)3 preventing teen dating violence.
Gaming Against Violence is a Top-50 innovative nonprofit program, using prosocial games for violence prevention.
► Explore and play some of our latest prosocial games at jag.itch.io.

Address: 2554 Drew Valley Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319
Phone/Fax: 1-877-STOP-TDV
EIN: 20-4618499

Press-Release_Winners-Announced--Video-Games-about-Resilience_October-14-2022.pdf