Still time to submit for the Designing for Digital Thriving Challenge!

Jhee, Catherine

Oct 24, 2022, 1:55:04 PM10/24/22
to gamesfo...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

There’s still time to enter an idea for the
The Designing for Digital Thriving Challenge, and we would be thrilled to have folks from the Games for Change community participate!

Designing for digital thriving is uncharted territory, which is why IDEO, Riot Games, the Fair Play Alliance (FPA), and the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop have teamed up to invite diverse perspectives and catalyze new ideas that can help build and sustain flourishing, thriving online spaces.

The FPA and Cooney Center define digital thriving as the outcome of online spaces intentionally designed to foster feelings of well-being, accomplishment, and belonging, and meaningful relationships in individuals, groups, and communities. We know the digital future will be a collective experience for all of us – including children – and it’s something that we must build together.

The “Designing for Digital Thriving Challenge” is open all individuals who are committed to designing for digital spaces. Participants from all over the world will be able to draw inspiration from three topic areas when creating their innovations and designs:

  • Designing for Marginalized Voices
  • Fostering Healthy and Resilient Digital Spaces
  • Building a Future for Kids and Families

The winning submissions will receive funding and support from IDEO and Riot Games to help implement their ideas in hopes of establishing digital thriving as a high watermark for the industry as a whole. Winners will be announced in late November 2022. To learn more about the challenge and submit your designs please visit openideo.com.

--

Catherine Jhee

Senior Director, Strategic Communications

Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop

catheri...@sesame.org