A week has passed

Vulpinoid

Mar 30, 2010, 8:16:44 PM3/30/10
to Games for Goblins
Since a week has passed and we've got four members (myself included),
I'm wondering if anyone has had any inspiration from the images or the
components?

Most of the forums where I advertised the concept there were two or
three people indicating interest in the idea, so I was hoping to have
a better turn out than this.

If we don't get too many more people joining up, I'll be providing
everyone with a boxed kit and a printed copy of the final booklet (6
people max). Of course I think it would be a better book with a dozen
people contributing ideas to it, and I'm sure everyone involved would
find that more appealing too.

Let me know your thoughts...I'm pretty sure all members can comment
(if not, email me and I'll change some group settings).

Mike Olson

Mar 30, 2010, 8:33:41 PM3/30/10
to games-fo...@googlegroups.com
Intrigued as I am by the project, I just haven't had a chance to really give it any thought in the past week. I have another couple of games I am/have been working on, and that's taken pretty much all of my free time as of late. (Whatever's left is claimed by our five-month-old.)

Remind me -- what kind of timeframe is involved here?

--Mike

Nojh Livic

Mar 30, 2010, 9:47:42 PM3/30/10
to games-fo...@googlegroups.com
I too admit I haven't had time to sit down and ponder the idea too much. I do know when I get down to designing I will likely be working on board games. Since this is my first real attempt at solo game design, I figure that might be the easiest to start with. What are other people considering?

I would definitely find it more appealing to have more input and ideas into the book, even if it pushes out whatever ideas I come up with. I'll ask around my friends and see if any are interested.

Nojh

Vulpinoid

Apr 1, 2010, 7:02:32 AM4/1/10
to Games for Goblins
If you can get something to me by the end of June, that'd be good.

The release date I scheduled for the final package was September 22
(equinox)...so any ideas that get to me by the beginning of August
would still make it.

Benjamin Charvet

Apr 3, 2010, 3:02:35 AM4/3/10
to Games for Goblins
I've had a crazy past week, so I haven't been able to do much more
than think, but I have a couple of board game and card game ideas for
the components that I'm going to develop. The web board and lunar
cycle images combined have a game in there somewhere.

Did you describe quantities and colors for the assortment of glass
beads? I can't seem to find that now that I'm looking for it but I may
have missed it. Also, are the fifty notes all the same value or
grouped into sets of different values?

- Ben -

Vulpinoid

Apr 5, 2010, 4:55:43 PM4/5/10
to Games for Goblins
Glass beads and notes...no, I didn't fully describe the quantities
involved.

Looking at the hex map board, we can safely assume there will be six
colours (red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple), but I'll also be
including some black ones. There will be at least 20 of each (enough
for a single colour to cover more than half of the web board, or fully
cover the hex board), exact figure will depend on the number of beads
in one of The Game Crafter's component packs.

The fifty notes are all hell money, which I find at a local chinese
grocery store. At this stage, they're all the same denomination (but
if I manage to find another type of hell money at a similar store,
I'll let you know...there seem to be a few types available).

On Apr 3, 5:02 pm, Benjamin Charvet <serpentsanddo...@gmail.com>