Gamejs doesn't work in IE10

aph...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2013, 11:50:19 PM6/23/13
to gam...@googlegroups.com
I was trying to use gamejs for windows 8. but the issue is, it uses IE10 backbone, and IE10 fails to work with gamejs's demos on the site, thus assume it will fail for anything made with gamejs

Simon Oberhammer

Jun 24, 2013, 2:59:05 AM6/24/13
to gam...@googlegroups.com, aph...@gmail.com
thanks for the feedback. gamejs should work with IE10 and i just checked the demos - they do work for me (the bigger problem was to get it to run with IE9 ;)

which particular demo did you have trouble with?

  simon

aph...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2013, 12:28:43 AM6/25/13
to gam...@googlegroups.com, aph...@gmail.com

Pirate King [alpha]  shows just sits at Generating.

StarForks Works but not sure about windows 8 conversion.
Princess keeper (untested, due to dead link)
Alge's Escapade sits and loads and loads.
Bandit Racer, shows only text on left side, no loading screen
Space Fighter (WORKS!)
Pinball Maze (Not sure, It says i need sensors or something, but loads the board with ball)
Evil Circles (not working for any browser, i think there is issues with gamejs's servers)
Subordination Day (WORKS!)
CloneCatcher (Sits and loads for IE)

Nokia Maps Alien Invasion( WORKS!, I guess because of nokia and microsoft deal)

Telemachus( I think it works but Gamejs.org server issue again)

Game of life (WORKS!)

Planetary (WORKS!)

Pretty Tiles (It may work but issues with gamejs.org 's servers again)

Y8Y2 ( Gamejs.org servers, maybe the issue here, loaded up slow, even tried another brower)
The Last Adventurer (WORKS!)
Halloween pumpkin juggling (Chrome only it seems)
newutopia ( Gamejs server issue)

Creepy Forrest (gamejs server)

here is the rest of tests

Sprite CPU Test (WORKS but seems faster on chrome heh)

tyround (works)

And the rest i couldn't test due to possible server issues with gamejs.. I guess some evil ddos or something is going on.

aph...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2013, 12:29:46 AM6/25/13
to gam...@googlegroups.com, aph...@gmail.com
oh minimal just loaded in IE it works.

Simon Oberhammer

Jun 25, 2013, 3:30:03 AM6/25/13
to gam...@googlegroups.com, aph...@gmail.com
hi,
ah i see.

gamejs itself runs in IE but if the game code might not - not a lot of authors seem to care about IE support and they write JavaScript code which won't run in IE.

 simon

ps.: indeed we had a server problems last night

Domas Lapinskas

Jun 25, 2013, 4:03:40 AM6/25/13
to gam...@googlegroups.com
Gah, ms still can't make a working browser :/ will take a look..

Domas

Domas Lapinskas

Jun 25, 2013, 4:44:24 PM6/25/13
to gam...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, gamejs works fine, another lib was using stuff thats not supported on IE :)
--
Domas