Next GLUG - November 7th

Padraic Harley

Oct 26, 2012, 2:08:32 PM10/26/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Howdy all,

Anybody have an idea for something to do at the next GLUG? =)

Cheers,
Padraic

--
Padraic Harley

Phone: +353 (0)85 213 8803
Email: paurict...@gmail.com
Tweet: @pauricthelodger

Carles Sentis

Oct 27, 2012, 3:02:34 PM10/27/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Wayland v1 has been released I think

Gerard Ryan

Oct 30, 2012, 3:35:41 PM10/30/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
>--

If people want, I could go through some of the steps for rolling your
own custom Fedora LiveCD (slash LiveDVD slash LiveUSB)? Or RPM
packaging? Or anything else you think I might know that people would
be interested in? I doubt there's much else I'd know though to any
degree of depth though.

Carles mentioned wayland finally being released. Is that in the new
Ubuntu yet? There has been a new Ubuntu release since the last meet,
hasn't there? Anything new/interesting in there that people want to
discuss? I'd love to hear about what I'm missing by not using it. :)

--
Gerard Ryan :: http://blog.grdryn.me :: @grdryn

Carles Sentis

Oct 30, 2012, 3:54:00 PM10/30/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Wayland v1 has been release but apparently is not recommended for production yet. I think it will take another year at least  until we see Wayland officially in Ubuntu...

Fedora LiveUSB sounds good to me too.

Valve Beta for Linux has been release to 1000 lucky users. I don't suppose any of us may be one of those lucky people and would like to show it to the rest of us.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Gerard Ryan <ger...@ryan.lt> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 07:08:32PM +0100, Padraic Harley wrote:
[...]

Nicola Di Marzo

Oct 30, 2012, 6:49:40 PM10/30/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
I installed opensuse 12.2 with gnome 3.4 (for the first time in the yast world) and ubuntu with gnome 3.6.
I don't know why but i definitely fell in love with gnome shell these days.
I'm playng with the extensions...
https://extensions.gnome.org/
let's give 'em a try.

missing glug meetings, but thuersday i've got my first edlug (edinburgh linux users) meeting

p.s. i Heard about wayland and valve's declaration about linux
http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/10/valve-linux-more-viable-than-windows-8.html
i wonder where are they been before...
cheers
Nicola