Re: Digest for gallio-user@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Andrew McInally

Mar 15, 2016, 7:12:30 PM3/15/16
to galli...@googlegroups.com
In a batch process echo can be called like this:

 "C:\Program Files\Gallio\bin\Gallio.Echo.exe" C:...\~\Selenium.dll /rt:xml /rt:html /rd:C:\MBUnitReports\... /rfp:AttachmentContentDisposition=Inline

The various options for Echo can be found by doing a google search. The above example will run your automated code and output an inline HTML report to the location specified.

Gallio is still useful but as Ed said unsupported. If you are not commited to its use there are better, more supported options out there. The only advantage to Gallio/MBUnit as far as I know is parallel testing, which can be accomplished in other frameworks just as well.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM, <galli...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Test wmv <suba...@gmail.com>: Mar 14 08:55PM -0700

Hi,

I have created my automated tests using Mbunit and I currently run it using
the Gallio.Icarus manually and I see the test is running fine.
Now, I wanted to run the automated test in command line using Gallio.Echo.
I need some guidance on how can I do. Any step by step guide would help me
a lot.

Please let me know the checklists that I should verify before using Gallio
Echo. I just have Galli Echo installed in this path "C:\Gallio\bin" and my
automated test dll resides in this path "C:\Users\Suba\Documents\Visual
Studio 2013\Projects\Links\Links\bin\Debug\Tests.dll", what is the command
line syntax i should use to run my Tests.dll from command line using Gallio
Echo.

It would be great if some one can help me with this asap.

Regards,
Suba

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 9:32:18 AM UTC+11, Brett wrote:
Ed <Ed.S...@SandyPondConsulting.com>: Mar 15 08:53AM -0400

Hi Suba,

It appears MbUnit\Gallio is no longer supported. Hard to say whether
anyone knowledgeable of how to run Echo will answer since it's been
unsupported for a long time.

While I loved using MbUnit and Gallio I needed to use something that was
supported. I moved to using NUnit and NCrunch.Net. NCrunch is a
fantastic test runner. I don't know if one can run tests at the command
line with NCrunch.Net.

Thanks, Ed

On 3/14/2016 11:55 PM, Test wmv wrote:

--