.NET 4.0 dll not working with Gallio

Sean Wolf

Sep 19, 2011, 8:49:01 PM9/19/11
to gallio-user
I changed my test fixture .dll to use .NET 4.0 today and am getting this error in the Icarus runtime log when I load it:

Host process exited with code: -2146232576

A fatal exception occurred while exploring tests.  Possible causes include invalid test runner parameters.

Gallio.Model.ModelException: An exception occurred while invoking a test driver. ---> Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.HostException: An exception occurred while connecting to the host service. ---> Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.HostException: Error attaching to the host process. ---> Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.HostException: The host process terminated abruptly.

   at Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.IsolatedProcessHost.WaitUntilReady(IHostService hostService) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Runtime\Hosting\IsolatedProcessHost.cs:line 373

   at Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.IsolatedProcessHost.AcquireRemoteHostService() in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Runtime\Hosting\IsolatedProcessHost.cs:line 119

   at Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.IsolatedProcessHost.AcquireRemoteHostService() in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Runtime\Hosting\IsolatedProcessHost.cs:line 126

   at Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.RemoteHost.AcquireHostService() in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Runtime\Hosting\RemoteHost.cs:line 68

   at Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.BaseHost.Connect() in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Runtime\Hosting\BaseHost.cs:line 142

   at Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.BaseHost.Connect() in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Runtime\Hosting\BaseHost.cs:line 151

   at Gallio.Runtime.Hosting.IsolatedProcessHostFactory.CreateHostImpl(HostSetup hostSetup, ILogger logger) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Runtime\Hosting\IsolatedProcessHostFactory.cs:line 59

   at Gallio.Model.Isolation.HostedTestIsolationContext.RunIsolatedTaskInHost[TIsolatedTask](HostSetup hostSetup, StatusReporter statusReporter, Object[] args) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\Isolation\HostedTestIsolationContext.cs:line 111

   at Gallio.Model.Isolation.HostedTestIsolationContext.RunIsolatedTaskImpl[TIsolatedTask](HostSetup hostSetup, StatusReporter statusReporter, Object[] args) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\Isolation\HostedTestIsolationContext.cs:line 93

   at Gallio.Model.DotNetTestDriver.ExploreOrRunAssembly(ITestIsolationContext testIsolationContext, TestPackage testPackage, TestExplorationOptions testExplorationOptions, TestExecutionOptions testExecutionOptions, RemoteMessageSink remoteMessageSink, IProgressMonitor progressMonitor, String taskName, FileInfo file) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\DotNetTestDriver.cs:line 196

   at Gallio.Model.DotNetTestDriver.ExploreOrRun(ITestIsolationContext testIsolationContext, TestPackage testPackage, TestExplorationOptions testExplorationOptions, TestExecutionOptions testExecutionOptions, IMessageSink messageSink, IProgressMonitor progressMonitor, String taskName) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\DotNetTestDriver.cs:line 157

   at Gallio.Model.DotNetTestDriver.ExploreImpl(ITestIsolationContext testIsolationContext, TestPackage testPackage, TestExplorationOptions testExplorationOptions, IMessageSink messageSink, IProgressMonitor progressMonitor) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\DotNetTestDriver.cs:line 140

   at Gallio.Model.DefaultTestFrameworkManager.FilteredTestDriver.<>c__DisplayClass1b.<ExploreImpl>b__19(ITestDriver driver, IList`1 items, Int32 driverCount) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\DefaultTestFrameworkManager.cs:line 445

   at Gallio.Model.DefaultTestFrameworkManager.FilteredTestDriver.ForEachDriver[T](MultiMap`2 testFrameworkPartitions, Func`4 func) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\DefaultTestFrameworkManager.cs:line 527

   at Gallio.Model.DefaultTestFrameworkManager.FilteredTestDriver.ForEachDriver[T](MultiMap`2 testFrameworkPartitions, Func`4 func) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\DefaultTestFrameworkManager.cs:line 538

   at Gallio.Model.DefaultTestFrameworkManager.FilteredTestDriver.ExploreImpl(ITestIsolationContext testIsolationContext, TestPackage testPackage, TestExplorationOptions testExplorationOptions, IMessageSink messageSink, IProgressMonitor progressMonitor) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Model\DefaultTestFrameworkManager.cs:line 438

   at Gallio.Runner.DefaultTestRunner.Explore(TestPackage testPackage, TestExplorationOptions testExplorationOptions, IProgressMonitor progressMonitor) in c:\Server\Projects\MbUnit v3.3\Work\src\Gallio\Gallio\Runner\DefaultTestRunner.cs:line 241

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sean

--
Sean Wolf
3023 Marion Street

Tim Sukhachev

Apr 30, 2012, 4:33:53 AM4/30/12
to galli...@googlegroups.com
got the same issue ...
Sean Wolf, did you solve it?

Tim Sukhachev

Apr 30, 2012, 4:38:36 AM4/30/12
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean
did you find solution ?

вторник, 20 сентября 2011 г., 3:49:01 UTC+3 пользователь Sean Wolf написал:
I changed my test fixture .dll to use .NET 4.0 today and am getting this error in the Icarus runtime log when I load it:

Alfonso Garcia

May 1, 2012, 12:34:45 PM5/1/12
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim,

Check Sean's next post, this is what he did, it also solved my problem!
I'm copying his post here:

Changing this:

<startup>
  <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
</startup>

To this:

<startup>
  <supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319" />
</startup>

in my app.config fixed the issue.

Sean Wolf

May 2, 2012, 9:31:09 PM5/2/12
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim,

Did you see my solution?

Changing this:
<startup>
  <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
</startup>
To this:
<startup>
  <supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319" />
</startup>
in my app.config fixed the issue.

That's the app.config of the test solution, not the gallio.icarus or echo exe.

Sorry for taking so long to respond directly, for some reason I did not see your email.

Thanks,
Sean

Graham Hay

May 8, 2012, 2:41:19 PM5/8/12
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, we use the supportedRuntime version to set the COMPLUS_Version and "encourage" the Host to use the desired framework version.

Seeing as the recommendation is to use the shorter form, and that doesn't appear to work, it looks like we'll need to do some mapping somewhere.

Graham Hay

May 8, 2012, 5:03:08 PM5/8/12
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Fixed in r3330. (Bit hacky, but it'll do for now.)

Bobby Islam

Aug 11, 2015, 1:08:47 AM8/11/15
to gallio-user, graha...@gmail.com
Still having the issue.