Capture Video with Black Screen when running mbunit on Remote Machine

Ronen Peleg

Jan 17, 2013, 3:57:20 PM1/17/13
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

O/S: Windows 2008 R2
Gallio Echo version: 3.2

I created a mbunit with Video Capture feature.
If I run the test through RDP (with Gallio.Echo.exe) and its working great.
But my problem that I'm trying to run the same test on remote machine using Jenkins slave machine as local system service (The service is configured to interact with desktop) the video is capturing only black screen (The "Screen Recording.flv" file generated is completely black). BTW: the test successfully finished.

Any Idea?

Thank You,
Ronen.

Joar Ekendahl

Mar 27, 2013, 9:51:54 AM3/27/13
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Maybe this isn't applicable on video, but anyways... I used to have a similar problem with normal screen captures on remote machines with Gallio and Jenkins. Black screen shots if the tests failed. Bummer! After some tinkering about, I noticed that, by keeping the remote screen active, ie no screen saver or screen "off-timer", the screen shots came out perfectly.
However, Keeping a machine "logged on" is difficult using the build in RDC in Windows. Since that is a terminal service, it is only active, if you pfysically log on. Once you close the connection, the "screen" reverts to "black".
I started using RadminViewer, which actually keeps the screen "on"!

So, what I would try if I were you;
- do a normal remote log on to the remote machine
-start the test
-monitor the progress.

you SHOULD have complete video. If that worked, do the same thing, but log off the remote connection. THat should result in your Black Video.
Try doing the same with RadminViewer. It should work! :)

I don't know if RadminViewer is under any licence restrictions or so tho... :(

Hope it works!

//Joar