filter: member doesn't work for gallio

JenkinsUser

May 3, 2013, 3:01:09 PM5/3/13
to galli...@googlegroups.com
How to specify the DLL's member for gallio test using Jenkins Windows Batch Command?

Currently I have syntax like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gallio\bin\Gallio.Echo.exe" test.dll  /f:"Member:part"

Console Output  says:  "Disposing the test runner."

Ed

May 8, 2013, 2:08:55 PM5/8/13
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I started a long running test using ICarus. I expected the test to run about 45 minutes. At almost two hours the test was still running.

I noticed in Task Manager Gallio.Host was getting 6-9% cpu while Gallio.Icarus was getting 14-18% cpu.

If I understand this correctly Host is actually running the test and Icarus is just the UI. So why would Icarus get 14-18% CPU if it's sitting there waiting for the test to complete? Looks like ICarus is gobbling up cpu and depriving Host of CPU time and that slows down the test run.

I'm going to run the test from the command line to see what happens.

Ed

Cliff Burger

May 9, 2013, 3:15:17 PM5/9/13
to galli...@googlegroups.com
This happens consistently in some of our data driven tests, but it only takes 2-3 minutes to stop the host process. Command line or Icarus. Oddly, it only happens when developers filter the set of tests to run (using a process outside of Gallio), not in the full run done by the CI system. I just kill the gallio.host process. Test results come out fine.

If there were any active developers, I might log a defect. It doesn't trouble me much, though.

Espen Albrektsen

May 22, 2013, 5:24:53 AM5/22/13
to galli...@googlegroups.com
At first glance, your code looks OK. Maybe you need the other options to gallio echo. Specifically the /rt:xml switch?
This is how I configure my Gallio task in Jenkins:
rem @echo off
echo Running "normal" tests
call %TYPEMOCK_7_2%\mocking_off.bat
set GALLIO_ECHO_CMD=%GALLIO_3_3_458%\bin\Gallio.Echo.exe SirdasTest\bin\Release\SirdasTest.dll /rd:TestReports /rt:xml /v:Verbose
%GALLIO_ECHO_CMD% /rnf:SirdasTests  /f:"exclude Category:Isolator"
set ERROR=%ERRORLEVEL%

echo Running tests with isolator
call %TYPEMOCK_7_2%\mocking_on.bat
%GALLIO_ECHO_CMD%  /rnf:SirdasIsolatorTests /f:"include Category:Isolator"
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 set ERROR=%ERRORLEVEL%

echo Formatting test results into html
%GALLIO_3_3_458%\bin\Gallio.Utility.exe MergeReports TestReports/SirdasTests.xml, TestReports/SirdasIsolatorTests.xml /rt:html /rnf:SirdasTests /ro:TestReports /rfp:ReportPageSize=100 /v:Verbose
exit /B %ERROR%
Message has been deleted