The test timed out after 600 seconds

Igor Brejc

Feb 17, 2009, 8:33:50 AM2/17/09
to gallio-dev
Hi,

I'm trying to execute some long-running tests using Echo, but I keep
getting "The test timed out after 600 seconds.
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted..."
exception after a while. I tried setting the "/run-time-limit:1200",
but the result is the same (still 600 sec. timeout).
How can I extend this timeout period? The documentation for Echo
states that the default timeout is set to infinity, so I don't really
know where the runner gets this 600 seconds value. Thanks in advance

Igor Brejc

Feb 17, 2009, 8:37:50 AM2/17/09
to gallio-dev
OK. immediately after posting the question, I got an idea - setting
the Timeout attribute on test fixtures/methods. But is there a some
kind of global setting (preferably command-line one) for this?

Thierry Marotte

Feb 17, 2009, 8:42:17 AM2/17/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
add a [timeout=999999] in the class definition or use the latest 3.0.6 in which the timeout is set to 600 s for each test and not the complete set of tests

Thierry

Jeff Brown

Feb 17, 2009, 1:55:40 PM2/17/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Also in v3.0.6 you can use:

[assembly: DefaultTestCaseTimeout(0)]

Jeff.

Apr 10, 2013, 6:07:31 AM4/10/13
to galli...@googlegroups.com, igor....@gmail.com
Is that working for you, I am also facing same issue.

Please let me know if you got fix for that

Regards,
Vishal

On Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:56:42 PM UTC+5:30, Igor Brejc wrote:
Thanks, I'll try that.

Igor

SELF EXPRESSION. BY EQUINOX.

This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail, and any copies or printouts.

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.