about replace logo of gallery

rcwip

Dec 8, 2020, 2:57:46 AM12/8/20
to Gallery 3 Users
Hi there.  I just set up in my web server Gallery 3.1. and want to know how to replace the default logo of gallery 3 on the main page of the select theme (greydragon wide).  Thanks.

Raymond

JR

Dec 8, 2020, 6:18:55 PM12/8/20
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
Raymond,

The image in the heading lives in this location:

/gallery/lib/images/logo.png

You just create your own graphic, save it as logo.png  -- preferably with a transparent background. You have to use that "logo" name because that name is hard-wired into the gallery code. Just replace the existing logo.png with your own logo.png. But be aware, don't make it much bigger that the existing logo.png because gallery throws in other stuff in  the empty space to the left of it depending on what it is doing at the time. See my version at:   https://www.boxartden.com/gallery/index.php

-- J.R.

--
WHEN USING AN EMAIL PROGRAM to reply to this message, click REPLY TO LIST or REPLY TO ALL so your reply goes out to everyone in the group. If you click REPLY or REPLY TO SENDER Google will *only* send your reply to the original author (not recommended).

To post a NEW MESSAGE to the group, send an new email to:
gallery...@googlegroups.com

To view or sign in to this group on the web, use this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gallery-3-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/14ddce58-ff77-43c4-822f-9f98efecd4e2n%40googlegroups.com.

JR

Dec 8, 2020, 6:29:03 PM12/8/20
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
oops... I meant "empty space to the right of it" in the message below. Go to this page for an example of how stuff can suddenly "appear" to the right of the logo.png -- in this case the "breadcrumbs" telling the viewer where they are located at the moment:

https://www.boxartden.com/gallery/index.php/Boxart-Collection/ADAMS/Adams-Atomic-Cannon-1