Gallery 3 installs but does not run in LAMP stack installed on Windows

CJ Studio

Jan 4, 2022, 4:57:48 PM1/4/22
to Gallery 3 Users
Hello. I just installed Gallery3 in Laragon (a development environment similar to WAMP, XAMPP, etc.). The system appeared to successfully install, with data tables created. However, when I attempt to run it, I get the following message:

Gallery is not supported on Windows (PHP reports that you're using: WINNT)

Technically, I am running in Windows 10, but actually the environment is a LAMP stack. I searched but could not find additional information. Other similar PHP packages (Joomla, WordPress, Piwigo, etc.) are installed and working fine. Given this, please advise. Thanks.

J.R.

Jan 4, 2022, 5:39:00 PM1/4/22
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
CJ,

That's odd...  your error message indicates that Gallery may think you are running windows NT and not from inside an internet server environment. Of course, Gallery3 will *only* run on a internet server running PHP. You probably need to provide us with a lot of explicit details of how your system is set up in order to figure out what is going on.

-- J.R.
--
WHEN USING AN EMAIL PROGRAM to reply to this message, click REPLY TO LIST or REPLY TO ALL so your reply goes out to everyone in the group. If you click REPLY or REPLY TO SENDER Google will *only* send your reply to the original author (not recommended).

To post a NEW MESSAGE to the group, send an new email to:
gallery...@googlegroups.com

To view or sign in to this group on the web, use this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gallery-3-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/80777aef-2270-40a4-ae1b-296d1bb14758n%40googlegroups.com.

Brad Dutton

Jan 4, 2022, 6:30:24 PM1/4/22
to Gallery 3 Users
You can try commenting out or removing these 3 lines:
https://github.com/bwdutton/gallery3/blob/master/index.php#L28
to see if it works.

CJ Studio

Jan 4, 2022, 9:27:14 PM1/4/22
to Gallery 3 Users
Thank you for the update. I also found this on the original Gallery forum:

Commenting out the lines fixes the problem.