Upgrading error: A newer version of Gallery is available! Upgrade now to version 3.1.3

mewickham

Jan 11, 2021, 11:44:57 PM1/11/21
to Gallery 3 Users
I just upgraded from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3. Everything seemed to go smoothly, except that the new installation still has a notification at the top:

"A newer version of Gallery is available! Upgrade now to version 3.1.3."

However, at the bottom of the page, it says,

"Powered by Gallery 3.1.3 (Revival)." So there is a glitch. Any ideas on how to make the notification go away, or what may have gone wrong?

mewickham

Jan 12, 2021, 12:13:54 AM1/12/21
to Gallery 3 Users
Found a solution. Went to Admin> Dashboard> Check for Gallery upgrades and clicked the "Check now" button. That seems to have cleared the erroneous message.

JR

Jan 12, 2021, 6:41:45 PM1/12/21
to gallery...@googlegroups.com

I believe that somewhere on the dashboard page... on left and down a bit there is a box you can check to "turn off automatic update checking". I have mine turned off because currently Brad is not working with the old "upgrade" depository which Gallery used long ago. There were problems with it getting hacked. Currently the gallery code only knows to "check for update" in the old repository (which we don't have access to). So now the only way to know of Brad releasing a new version is to monitor the messages in this group because Brad will make an announcement when he has a new version ready. This "different from the usual" way of doing things around here is all part of the "revival attempt" we have been engaged with for the past couple of years to bring Gallery3 back to life and make it able to work under PHP 7+

-- J.R.

--
WHEN USING AN EMAIL PROGRAM to reply to this message, click REPLY TO LIST or REPLY TO ALL so your reply goes out to everyone in the group. If you click REPLY or REPLY TO SENDER Google will *only* send your reply to the original author (not recommended).

To post a NEW MESSAGE to the group, send an new email to:
gallery...@googlegroups.com

To view or sign in to this group on the web, use this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gallery-3-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/d51920fa-7f17-4a6d-86e4-ef30e1579d8an%40googlegroups.com.