Gallery 2.3 suggestions sought for update issues

B McNamara

Jan 4, 2022, 11:29:13 PM1/4/22
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
I installed version 2.3 at gallery.tngenealogy.net and haven't added images or done updates since.
I have lost my administrator login details.  The Captcha image doesn't load on the Reset Password screen, so I can't get the e-mail.
I tried using a robust hash converter on the password in the g2_User table, but that didn't work (I'm grateful, actually!).
If I want to do a fresh install of 3.1.5, is it possible to export tables from 2.3 and import them after the fresh install?
Thanks for suggestions on how to best resolve this dilemma!

Harold Hallikainen

Jan 4, 2022, 11:48:30 PM1/4/22
to Gallery 3 Users
There are great Gallery2 to Gallery3 migration instructions. See my first post at https://groups.google.com/g/gallery-3-users/c/hEFRMHmaG2M which has a link to the migration instructions and comments on the migration.

Good luck!

Harold

TNGeneWhiz

Jan 11, 2022, 5:27:29 PM1/11/22
to Gallery 3 Users
Thanks for the link.  If I can get past the issue of being unable to login, I look forward to implementing your recommendations.

First, though, I need to get my password reset.