Gallery 3.0.9 Distorts some images

Mark

Jan 6, 2022, 9:32:24 PM1/6/22
to Gallery 3 Users
I have been uploading some images into a Gallery 3.0.9 installation, and some of the images are distorted. Looking back over earlier uploads, I see the same thing. All images were captured on the same DSLR, a Nikon D5500. I have tried deleting and re-uploading, and nothing changes. On my computer, the images are ok.

The original image is attached.

Would updating to the latest version fix this? Not sure why it is suddenly happening on images uploaded years ago. I also noticed that images uploaded years ago that I rotated, have now "lost" their rotation.

Thanks!

Mark

Thanks,

Mark

DSC_0014.JPG

Mark

Jan 7, 2022, 9:58:44 PM1/7/22
to Gallery 3 Users
I upgraded to Gallery 3.1.5, and the images are still distorted. I have tried both ImageMagic and GraphicsMagic as the graphics setting.

It seems that if the original image is rotated, and then the image is added to the album, that Gallery3 rotates the image but distorts the image, too. If I rotate the image outside of Gallery (i.e. using Gimp), and then upload the image, the uploaded image is not distorted.  See the attached screenshot of the image uploaded without rotation (distorted), and the image rotated with Gimp and then uploaded.

Is there a setting or something I should enable in Gallery3 to have it rotate images as needed, but not distort them?

Thanks!

Mark

Screenshot from 2022-01-07 19-44-35.png