Gallery Modules

Josh Paul

Aug 8, 2021, 4:26:23 PM8/8/21
to Gallery 3 Users
I learned that gallerymodules.com doesnt exist anymore and how I can find modules that was listed there before the website was no longer active.

Let me know

Thanks

J.R.

Aug 9, 2021, 9:24:39 PM8/9/21
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
The old gallery codex pages with all the modules listed alphabetically are still working (for now). Most of the links given for each module no longer work,  unfortunately, but these pages are still an excellent reference for what each module is and how to use it:

http://codex.galleryproject.org/Category:Gallery_3:Modules.html

As for where to get the modules...

There is a github module repository that Brad Dutton maintains and some of the modules in there he has tested with PHP 7 and Gallery 3.1.3 (hopefully he can update us on which ones he has tested/fixed). Since I am a Certified Github Incompetent I still cannot download individual modules from this repository. But you can download the entire master zip file, extract it to your local computer then go into to the extracted folder named 3.0 and then into the MODULES folder and upload individual modules to your server from there:

https://github.com/bwdutton/gallery3-contrib/archive/master.zip

-- J.R.

Josh Paul

Aug 15, 2021, 8:17:28 PM8/15/21
to Gallery 3 Users
I manage to find all Modules where you can download them but on your own risk.

J.R.

Aug 15, 2021, 10:21:00 PM8/15/21
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
Josh,

Nice find... and the best presentation of G3 modules since the original Gallery Project pages done in 2014, where each module had its own page, description, installation instructions and links to the discussion forum where most every module was evaluated and improved. At this point I only see 38 modules listed at Gitlab.io and there are 134 modules in Brad's GitHub repository at:
https://github.com/bwdutton/gallery3-contrib/archive/master.zip.

I know Brad has done tweaks to several modules to make sure they work well in Gallery 3.1.3 and I believe some others in our group have done the same for a few other modules -- but there's no indication if those tweaked modules are the ones being offered on this Gitlab.io site. It would be nice to know who has created this page. All I can find is that the registered contract for the Gitlab.io is a company named  Gandi SAS in California . They have posted a link to Brads' galleryrevival.com site at the bottom of the page, which is nice.

-- J.R.
--
WHEN USING AN EMAIL PROGRAM to reply to this message, click REPLY TO LIST or REPLY TO ALL so your reply goes out to everyone in the group. If you click REPLY or REPLY TO SENDER Google will *only* send your reply to the original author (not recommended).

To post a NEW MESSAGE to the group, send an new email to:
gallery...@googlegroups.com

To view or sign in to this group on the web, use this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gallery-3-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/bea75d22-c350-42d1-83db-b3f06a206866n%40googlegroups.com.

Josh Paul

Aug 15, 2021, 10:50:46 PM8/15/21
to Gallery 3 Users
JR,

I believe the website listed possible works for 3.1.3 only, the 134 modules total are what Gallery developed but most of them are out of date, the last update was 2009.

I would not advise to download the master.zip because who knows it'll work so that is why I found that github.io page and I believe that is more accurate and up to date modules.

I might setup a demo server with gallery3 and all modules/themes installed so I can test them out (for testing) so I can  find which one is works or not.

Stay tuned ...

Josh Paul

Aug 15, 2021, 10:52:43 PM8/15/21
to Gallery 3 Users
Also I learned that github page is created by username eric2001, you can check it out

rWatcher

Aug 15, 2021, 11:25:09 PM8/15/21
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
The Gitlab group is my doing, the modules on the list are everything I made.  I'm currently going through my modules, testing against Gallery 3.1 / PHP 7 and making any necessary fixes.

rWatcher

gallery-3-users@googlegroups.com

To view or sign in to this group on the web, use this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gallery-3-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/308ffe30-85e4-4bf6-a198-58dfca52df52n%40googlegroups.com.

Josh Paul

Aug 15, 2021, 11:28:21 PM8/15/21
to Gallery 3 Users
rWatcher,

Glad to hear that. If you need help or maybe team up so we can test all the 134 modules and bring Gallery 3.1.3 up to date and when that happens, Gallery will be active, again.

Thanks

Brad Dutton

Aug 16, 2021, 12:35:19 PM8/16/21
to Gallery 3 Users
I didn't test the modules but I did run some PHP linters on the modules and themes:
They _should_ be working on PHP 7/8. I made some fixes to reported broken modules, not sure if any of those modules are yours. I'm not sure where to keep the updated modules and themes so I've been using the gallery3-contrib repo for the time being.

J.R.

Aug 18, 2021, 7:41:54 PM8/18/21
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
rWatcher,

This is a fine effort, and will keep your original work alive. Good to know all of those available at your Github.io page have all been tested to work with the current environment. Thanks!

 https://gallery3-contrib.gitlab.io/

-- J.R.

J.R.

Jan 5, 2022, 5:29:12 PM1/5/22
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
Josh,

Thanks for the link to the updated modules page at
https://gallery3-contrib.gitlab.io/
I've seen this page before, but it has grown tremendously since then. Yes, these are "unofficial" modules, but so are all modules these days since there is no longer any "official" gallery3 development group to certify a module as "safe". Most of these are updates/fixes to modules from long ago, but a few are new to me.

-- J.R.