Gallery Project Success Story

Josh Paul

Oct 20, 2021, 4:06:49 AM10/20/21
to Gallery 3 Users
Hello,

I am proud to announce in regarding my project with Gallery. It has been almost year now, I've been using Gallery 3.13 on a solo dedicated server and it works like an charm.

As of few days ago, the Gallery already generated over 1 million hits with no issues. It has over 3,000 pictures and growing. The site is getting big and bigger, but slowly.

if you want to see the site, you can go to:  https://drphotos.do

The server specs are as follows:
Dual Xeon E5-2650 (32 Cores)
500GB SSD Storage Drive
500GB SSD Backup Drive
64GB ECC Memory Ram
100TB Bandwidth  (We already used 24GB so far)

I am proud to see that Gallery is back alive again and it's my honor to use it again. Look forward to see more gallery users out there to give Gallery, second chance.

Thank you all for the support. I'll be around for years to come.

Cheers,
~J

J.R.

Oct 23, 2021, 4:24:39 PM10/23/21
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
John Paul,

Congratulations. The site seems to work very well and I'm impressed with the pictures... makes me want to ditch Florida and head for the Dominican Republic. Just out of curiosity, what is the forum software you are using?

-- J.R.
--
WHEN USING AN EMAIL PROGRAM to reply to this message, click REPLY TO LIST or REPLY TO ALL so your reply goes out to everyone in the group. If you click REPLY or REPLY TO SENDER Google will *only* send your reply to the original author (not recommended).

To post a NEW MESSAGE to the group, send an new email to:
gallery...@googlegroups.com

To view or sign in to this group on the web, use this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gallery-3-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/66fbf41e-b65d-4bf4-8ee9-f42f7b2d38b1n%40googlegroups.com.

Josh Paul

Oct 24, 2021, 9:34:21 PM10/24/21
to Gallery 3 Users
JR,

I am running on Gallery 3.1.13 as the latest version plus some modules and my hacks to make it work :)

If you wanna visit Dominican Republic, I can give you tips and pointers for your vacation.