The Facebook no female nipple policy and how it applies to vintage Gale

Howard Popeck

Jan 31, 2019, 7:46:15 AM1/31/19
to Gale Audio

A while back, in one of my nineteen (probably too many) FB groups I posted an image of a Japanese reel to reel machine from the 1970s where the advert included a young lady with one of hers displayed. Hardly porn but, I guess, really out of style today. Fair enough.

Anyway, the FB nipple police spotted this and I was banned from posting anything for 72 hours. Hardly world-shaking BUT considering what else appears there of questionable taste, I was surprised.

If indeed there is a fully automated system then I am wondering if (a) it can distinguish between male and female nipples and (b) if male ones are acceptable? Maybe I’ll give it a try.

This means that the classic Gale advert with nude model, men with beards and so on cannot be shown there. Oh well. Brightens the day a bit here I suppose.

Toodle pip.

emm...@emmaco.com

Feb 14, 2019, 12:02:23 PM2/14/19
to gale-...@googlegroups.com

I was thinking of Howard’s groups last night and thought some trivia might be in order.

Did you know that old EPCOT Center Horizons attraction loading and unloading spiel for getting on the vehicles was reproduced on five distributed loudspeakers?  You know, the “keep your arms and legs in the vehicle speech.   OK, what kind of speakers?

Wait for it.  Designed in myself.  Doubt many ever knew.

Rogers LS3/5A’s.

They had passed the internal Disney TEF measurements made by Andy Helland and were on the “approved list”.

emm...@emmaco.com

Feb 15, 2019, 2:14:08 PM2/15/19
to gale-...@googlegroups.com

Howard- I don’t know if what I’m doing with your website is stupid, but when I click to read your articles I go through the log in procedure and lose access to the original article.

Maybe I’m just a dunce.

John

Howard Popeck

Feb 15, 2019, 4:27:34 PM2/15/19
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
Okay John. i’ll investigate this weekend and will get back to you asap

elicia boon

Feb 15, 2019, 8:11:21 PM2/15/19
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to Google!