Pandemic Distraction

George bb2wa

Mar 17, 2020, 11:26:35 AM3/17/20
to Gale Audio
If we are confined to home isolation for 14 days or more, then the Gale 401b speakers and valve amp will get lots of exercise. As a trial run Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" was on this evening.
Hope all group members are well.

Jensen Healey

Mar 18, 2020, 4:00:32 AM3/18/20
to Gale Audio
Yes - working from home now and the Gales are in the home office/ man cave,   Plenty of action in the evenings - exploring weird Euro Jazz/freeform stuff on Quboz via Roon - almost all of my listening is streaming in this way now.

timhum

Mar 18, 2020, 5:58:11 AM3/18/20
to Gale Audio
And if you are confined to home and listening to your favourite music you can get the exercise you are missing by dancing to the beat! For those of us who are normally too busy to have music on in the house, this is the time to make the most of our record collections and look for gaps in them on line and be thankful that we have these wonderful speakers. Your neighbours can be self isolating and enjoy the music too if it is loud enough (just kidding!). The Bryan Ferry concert at The Royal Albert Hall was cancelled last week so I will  enjoy his music without the travel expense.

Mike Nightingale

Mar 18, 2020, 6:07:02 AM3/18/20
to Gale Audio
Re: Streaming...
If there is anyone who doesn't know...
There is a wealth, a GREAT wealth! of live concerts of many (Probably all) kinds of music on Youtube. If you have not connected your system to an internet source perhaps now is the time to do so!
As an example, check out Chick Corea's Return To Forever live- A band I was never able to see in concert IRL -
Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M05Q02y4SU
Romantic Warrior - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJsD62EUwDI
...and there is a LOT more to be found!
Enjoy!