Progress

RB[0]

Sep 29, 2010, 1:25:37 PM9/29/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Hey everyone.
I haven't had the time to really work on GMR since Pyweek, but just
today I am starting to hammer out the 3d implementation.

I have in my head an idea of how to handle everything from terrain
tiles, to multiple layers on a level (so bridges/caves/etc.), to water
falls, etc.

I don't have a full list of features yet, but hopefully will write one
up shortly :)

Elagune

Oct 3, 2010, 4:02:11 AM10/3/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Wonderful.

It's up to you programming folk to lay down the basics of this game,
after all. I think I'll do some more sketches of possible units.

RB[0]

Oct 5, 2010, 2:13:02 PM10/5/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Well, I have the core data structures about done - now moving on to
rendering them to the screen.
Once that is done we should have all the features currently in GMR,
just using OpenGL.

After that I'll put in some more features, like 3d entities, map
engine, etc.

RB[0]

Oct 6, 2010, 1:41:23 PM10/6/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Hmmmm.
Just committed what I have.
It seems to be running, but textures aren't working as yet - not sure what I did to accomplish that, but if anyone else cares to look at it?

RB[0]

Oct 12, 2010, 1:29:27 AM10/12/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Alrighty!
Huge changes - biggest being the 2d rendering is pretty much done, and
the gui is perhaps half ported to it :D
If anyone wants to try it out, let me know - is in the test_engine.py
and test_gui.py in the 3d dir inside of lib.

On Oct 6, 12:41 pm, "RB[0]" <roeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmmm.
> Just committed what I have.
> It seems to be running, but textures aren't working as yet - not sure what I
> did to accomplish that, but if anyone else cares to look at it?
>
> > galaxymage-redux...@googlegroups.com<galaxymage-redux-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Robert Ramsay

Oct 12, 2010, 9:55:16 AM10/12/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that you were on a roll. Both run ok. But the test_gui.py
only shows this:
http://1dl.us/cfe
It looks, from the code, that there should be buttons and drop downs,
which I don't see.

RB[0]

Oct 12, 2010, 11:27:52 AM10/12/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Those are commented out, because only the labels, icons, containers and app are ported...

RB[0]

Oct 13, 2010, 12:36:06 PM10/13/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Alrighty - gui is fully ported and working exactly the same way.
So, when working with it the usage hasn't changed at all - unless you
are doing color changes or something funky with backgrounds :)

At the moment I am working refactoring the 3d engine and the gui -
both are in single, massive files.
The 3d is done, and gui is next...

On Oct 12, 10:27 am, "RB[0]" <roeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Those are commented out, because only the labels, icons, containers and app
> are ported...
>
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Robert Ramsay <robert.alan.ram...@gmail.com
>
> > wrote:
> > I noticed that you were on a roll. Both run ok. But the test_gui.py
> > only shows this:
> >http://1dl.us/cfe
> > It looks, from the code, that there should be buttons and drop downs,
> > which I don't see.
>
> > <galaxymage-redux-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<galaxymage-redux-dev%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

RB[0]

Oct 13, 2010, 2:46:37 PM10/13/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
GUI is refactored now - and it looks really nice code-wise thx to it!
I also updated some things, removed some redundant functions, and fixed RelativePos.
Now you can just do RelativePos((x,y)) and it will see the relative to variable to the previous widget on this level.
You can still set the "to" value for a specific widget - but this makes it really slick.