GalaxyMage Redux "Lore"

Jeremy Putnam

Jan 14, 2009, 4:37:36 PM1/14/09
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
After a bit of digging I found the original design document by Brandon
that listed the descriptions of the four factions and the brief unit
descriptions he had thus far for each faction.
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dck3f83z_0smc24t I like the
factions and have already had some inspiration for their design. Are
we planning on continuing to use these factions?

Would it be possible to add that design document to the group under
the Pages section? It looks like there used to be a link but it no
longer works. (and there's a questionable file under the files
section) If development continues along and we get to a point where
it's playable are we sticking to the "GalaxyMage Redux" name?

RB[0]

Jan 14, 2009, 5:46:14 PM1/14/09
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
We are not keeping the name GalaxyMage Redux - it is just a place-holder.
As far as the factions, I like some of them, but I remember I had some issues with some stuff, especially the stories back a while, I'll try and remember...
Either way, feel free to add a page for it, and to change it however you wish - I don't think anyone at this point has really been thinking about that much - so if you would like to then great :)

Jeremy Putnam

Jan 14, 2009, 6:21:27 PM1/14/09
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Ok, I've re-added the page and we can modify it as needed. Could one
of the owners clear out the bad page link as well as the porn spam in
files?

On Jan 14, 3:46 pm, "RB[0]" <roeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are not keeping the name GalaxyMage Redux - it is just a place-holder.
> As far as the factions, I like some of them, but I remember I had some
> issues with some stuff, especially the stories back a while, I'll try and
> remember...
> Either way, feel free to add a page for it, and to change it however you
> wish - I don't think anyone at this point has really been thinking about
> that much - so if you would like to then great :)

RB[0]

Jan 14, 2009, 6:24:43 PM1/14/09
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - please let me know if I missed anything...

Markus Martin

Jan 15, 2009, 7:29:07 PM1/15/09
2009/1/14 Jeremy Putnam <lord...@gmail.com>:

> Ok, I've re-added the page and we can modify it as needed. Could one
> of the owners clear out the bad page link as well as the porn spam in
> files?

IMHO, documents like these should go on the wiki. That way everything
is all in one place, and there is version control so one can quickly
see exactly what has been changed, etc, etc..

> After a bit of digging I found the original design document by Brandon
> that listed the descriptions of the four factions and the brief unit
> descriptions he had thus far for each faction.
> http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dck3f83z_0smc24t I like the
> factions and have already had some inspiration for their design. Are
> we planning on continuing to use these factions?

Like RB said, not everyone was satisfied with Brandon's vision. If you
were digging through this list, you might have come across discussions
regarding lore. Perhaps conclusions there are a good starting point
for further revisions. Of course, since you are apparently
volunteering to work on this aspect, we welcome your own ideas as
well. =)

One thing we should keep in mind as we develop is that the game itself
should be flexible enough so that new separate settings can be added.
These settings could even have variations on the gameplay itself.
Think FFT vs. Bahamut Lagoon. In FFT each character fights on the one
battle map, however in BL each character on the battle map is actually
a group which when attacking or attacked actually conducts combat in
FF style battle mode (each character generally only gets one attack
though). I think this sort of abstraction *is* do-able without a lot
of pain and confusion.

Cheers,
-Markus

Markus Martin

Jan 15, 2009, 7:30:38 PM1/15/09
2009/1/14 RB[0] <roe...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks - please let me know if I missed anything...

Actually.. Still waiting on the Google Code page updates that we
discussed a while ago. =)

-Markus

Jeremy Putnam

Jan 15, 2009, 11:18:25 PM1/15/09
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Could I be added to the Google Code page as well? I'll add the design
doc and begin tweaking the lore based on past discussions and any
other thoughts that make sense.

On Jan 15, 5:30 pm, "Markus Martin" <archw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jeremy Putnam

Jan 21, 2009, 11:47:53 PM1/21/09
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Does one of the owners of the Google code page post here? Would it be
possible to be added as a member of that page so I can modify the
wiki?

Markus Martin

Jan 22, 2009, 3:27:04 AM1/22/09
2009/1/21 Jeremy Putnam <lord...@gmail.com>:

> Does one of the owners of the Google code page post here? Would it be
> possible to be added as a member of that page so I can modify the
> wiki?

That would be RB[0]. He probably just forgot. Still, it's long overdue.

-Markus

RB[0]

Jan 22, 2009, 10:04:35 AM1/22/09
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Bah humbug - sorry guys, I totally missed this whole thread after I responded last - I didn't seem to get in in gmail for some odd reason :S Or I did and missed it...

Anywho, yeah, will add you right away, sorry...

RB[0]

Jan 22, 2009, 10:06:35 AM1/22/09
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Ok, added you Jeremy - lord.don at gmail - right?
I also added Markus to the admin on the page, in case I forget stuff for too long again, he seems ot be on top of it better LOL

Jeremy Putnam

Jan 22, 2009, 1:58:54 PM1/22/09
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Awesome! Thanks so much RB!

On Jan 22, 8:06 am, "RB[0]" <roeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, added you Jeremy - lord.don at gmail - right?
> I also added Markus to the admin on the page, in case I forget stuff for too
> long again, he seems ot be on top of it better LOL
>
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 9:04 AM, RB[0] <roeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Bah humbug - sorry guys, I totally missed this whole thread after I
> > responded last - I didn't seem to get in in gmail for some odd reason :S Or
> > I did and missed it...
>
> > Anywho, yeah, will add you right away, sorry...
>
> > On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 2:27 AM, Markus Martin <archw...@gmail.com> wrote:

RB[0]

Jan 22, 2009, 1:59:26 PM1/22/09
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Hehe, no thank you - sometimes I need a kick or two to keep going LOL ;)