Alright

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

RB[0]

未读,
2010年8月24日 12:24:392010/8/24
收件人 GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Well, after talking with Jeremy last night - I've decided to keep going, just focusing more on quality over quantity.
I think the basic game can be really light because I'm making the mod system so powerful, so once the engine is done (hopefully really soon) it will just be a matter of art, level design and units.

Along those lines, I have a few ideas:
1) naturally I'm only planning one scenario - "Caught in XYZ", where you have to rescue your leader from the enemies.
2) unit-wise it would be nice to have a defender, a fighter, an archer, a magician type, and maybe a scout/assassin.
3) animations will be in GIF format (if that is ok with Jeremy) since I already have a loader/player for that working so I don't need to hassle with hard coding delays and such for units.

The biggest issue may well be AI. Due to using Twisted, the entire game structure will be based around message calls ("action", "unit-id", *args) - so that makes it very easy for the ai to control it's own things I think.
The trick will be getting it to handle the mods, which I'll handle on the mod end.
But would anyone care to write an AI class?

Basically whoever is the owner will simply tell the AI to update on it's turn, passing it it's own copy of data. So basically the AI is a sub-client of the owner of the game-room.

Cheers all

Robert Ramsay

未读,
2010年8月24日 13:31:572010/8/24
收件人 galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy that you've made this choice.

And I would definitely tackle the AI. I'll have to get a better
understanding of how your battle/mod system will work. But I'm game
for the task.

Robert

> --

RB[0]

未读,
2010年8月24日 14:10:132010/8/24
收件人 galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great, I'll get it worked up ASAP

Jeremy Putnam

未读,
2010年8月24日 16:03:512010/8/24
收件人 GalaxyMage Redux Dev
When you say the animations will be in gif format, do you mean the
individual frames of the animations, or do you mean fully animated
gifs as sprites?

On Aug 24, 12:10 pm, "RB[0]" <roeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds great, I'll get it worked up ASAP
>
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Robert Ramsay <
>
> robert.alan.ram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm happy that you've made this choice.
>
> > And I would definitely tackle the AI. I'll have to get a better
> > understanding of how your battle/mod system will work. But I'm game
> > for the task.
>
> > Robert
>
> > > galaxymage-redux...@googlegroups.com<galaxymage-redux-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/galaxymage-redux-dev?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > .

RB[0]

未读,
2010年8月24日 16:08:512010/8/24
收件人 galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
yes, so say teh fighter needs three gifs, maybe 4:
fighter-still
fighter-attack
fighter-move
defend

the gif will be teh entire animation for that action. Makes it so much easier for me... Is that ok?

RB[0]

未读,
2010年8月24日 16:09:142010/8/24
收件人 galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
You as the artist will control the speed and such...

Jeremy Putnam

未读,
2010年8月24日 16:31:082010/8/24
收件人 GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Perfect sense, thank you! I don't think I talked to you last night
though. Was it someone else on the team that got you geared back up?
(Not that I'm complaining at all =D)

On Aug 24, 2:09 pm, "RB[0]" <roeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You as the artist will control the speed and such...
>
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM, RB[0] <roeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > yes, so say teh fighter needs three gifs, maybe 4:
> > fighter-still
> > fighter-attack
> > fighter-move
> > defend
>
> > the gif will be teh entire animation for that action. Makes it so much
> > easier for me... Is that ok?
>
> >> <galaxymage-redux-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<galaxymage-redux-dev%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> >> <galaxymage-redux-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<galaxymage-redux-dev%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> >> --

RB[0]

未读,
2010年8月24日 16:58:582010/8/24
收件人 galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Well, I explained it mostly here:
http://pyweek.org/d/3478/

Basically, this tends to happen to me anyways during Pyweeks, but it was compounded with this being a long-term project that I feel a responsibility towards.
Those two things kinda just got me overwhelmed - and I was kinda stuck on a problem.

But I did what I needed to do, which is mainly step back, think about something else, sleep, and let my mind figure it out, so when I woke up this morning, I had basically all of the code I want to write to day all write in my head, just had to do the work :)

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子