Update

RB[0]

Oct 28, 2010, 11:19:17 PM10/28/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Hey all.
Anyone watching the svn will know I've been working on the GUI lately.

I think I may have gotten too carried away with it and my plans for a
map engine and such - instead of fixing things for a new release I've
been working on overhauling everything at once.

So my current plan is to integrate a simple 3d map and camera, and 3d
sprites, then integrate all that and gui into the main game.
That should be fine for a next release, no new features just 3d
integration.

Then I can work on overhauling the network code and other things, but
at least other people can jump in and perhaps help cleanup what I have
now.

What do you guys think?

Robert Ramsay

Oct 30, 2010, 12:40:58 AM10/30/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great to me.

I've been a little busy with work and other projects (which may come
to an end soon). But I have been actively watching the svn, and
testing when I can.

Robert

Jeremy Putnam

Dec 10, 2010, 1:51:49 PM12/10/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Just let us know when we can start tossing models in to play around
with. How are we handling terrain? Is it going to be textured 3d
square or a sort of vertex heightmap?

On Oct 29, 9:40 pm, Robert Ramsay <robert.alan.ram...@gmail.com>

RB[0]

Dec 10, 2010, 5:25:58 PM12/10/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
The plan was to have each tile be a cube with the top having 5 points (or 4 triangles, to allow morphing it around).
We'll need to figure out how we can represent that in a good way though.

So basically for terrain we'll mainly just need textures - perhaps transitional textures but that is a long way down the road IMO.

Jeremy Putnam

Dec 10, 2010, 5:34:26 PM12/10/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
I'll work on cleaning up the code page wiki, the lore, getting some
concepts rolling, and whatever else until we're to the point we can
start plugging in art again.

RB[0]

Dec 10, 2010, 5:38:24 PM12/10/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Alrighty, sounds good.
Hopefully that will be very soon, depends on if I can get time set aside to just get stuff going better or not lol...

Jeremy Putnam

Dec 13, 2010, 10:53:55 PM12/13/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Was another library added to the dependency list? I can't get the
latest build to run. Looks like I might need something 3d?
> > galaxymage-redux...@googlegroups.com<galaxymage-redux-dev%2Bun subs...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Robert Ramsay

Dec 13, 2010, 10:56:11 PM12/13/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com

Yes, Pyopengl.

Nicolas Brown

Dec 13, 2010, 10:58:07 PM12/13/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
kool. If you guys need anything done in 3d,  I'm your guy!

Jeremy Putnam

Dec 13, 2010, 11:08:37 PM12/13/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
I keep getting

NameError: name 'MissingModule' is not defined

Robert Ramsay

Dec 13, 2010, 11:32:09 PM12/13/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com

it might be numpy, too

RB[0]

Dec 14, 2010, 1:39:08 AM12/14/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I haven't updated the readme or anything - sorry guys :S
You need Numpy and Pyopengl - that should be the only new packages required - let me know if I am incorrect :)