Square or Diamond Tiles

1 view

Jeremy Putnam

Aug 20, 2010, 2:02:40 PM8/20/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Have any of you worked on an Isometric tile engine before? I've heard
you can either create tiles as squares or as diamonds with either a
mask or with transparency. What have you worked with before?

Robert Ramsay

Aug 20, 2010, 2:15:23 PM8/20/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
I've worked on an isometric tile engine before, but it was a long time
ago. The math is pretty basic. And since pygame supports transparency,
I'd recommend it over masking.

Jeremy Putnam

Aug 20, 2010, 2:29:50 PM8/20/10
to GalaxyMage Redux Dev
Cool, thanks Robert. I'll stick to building the tiles like I've been
doing then.

On Aug 20, 12:15 pm, Robert Ramsay <robert.alan.ram...@gmail.com>

RB[0]

Aug 20, 2010, 7:26:07 PM8/20/10
to galaxymage...@googlegroups.com
Well don't make anything as yet - everything has to be made in the week's time!
I have also done isometric engine - pretty simple, but also tend to get slow/bloated very quickly if you are not careful :S