Cannot get remote services to work.

Gavin Baumanis

Jun 12, 2010, 10:17:03 AM6/12/10
to galaxy-dev
Hi Everyone,

I am STILL not getting something about working remotely...

I am getting an error when I run the following line of code;
<pre>
<cfset remoteLoginService = createObject("component",
"loginService.loginServiceSampleApp.authUser.AppLoginService").init("http://
localhost/loginService/loginServiceSampleApp/vhosts/www/
loginService.cfc?wsdl")>
</pre>

Cannot generate stub objects for web service invocation.
The error occurred in /Library/WebServer/Documents/rocketboots/galaxy/
trunk/com/rocketboots/galaxy/Service.cfc: line 195

I can successfully call the page in a browser and see the WSDL return.

Here's the block of code it says it is failing on;
<pre>
<!--- Set up proxy webservices, if any --->
<cfset aWsdls = listToArray(lWsdls)>

<cfloop from="1" to="#arrayLen(aWsdls)#" index="i">
<cfset webService = createObject("webservice", aWsdls[i])>
<cfset addSOAPRequestHeader(webService, nameSpace, "version",
this.version)>
<cfset aWebServices[i] = webService>
</cfloop>
</pre>

I have deleted the webservices registered in CF admin, restarted the
wen and CF services too etc, too - all to no avail.

Appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Gavin.

Gavin Baumanis

Jun 12, 2010, 10:41:41 AM6/12/10
to galaxy-dev
Ok - quick update,
THAT error was caused by a permissions error on the "stubs" folder,
after an update.

Though the end result is still the same...
I can't get a remote service to work!

I get the following error message;

Cannot perform web service invocation send.
The fault returned when invoking the web service operation is:

AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}
Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

The error occurred in /Library/WebServer/Documents/rocketboots/galaxy/
trunk/com/rocketboots/galaxy/Service.cfc: line 416

I don't actually know if the reason is the same or not - but I have
ALWAYS had an error at that line when trying to invoke a CFC as a
remote service.

As always - and once again - apprreciate any thoughts you might have.

Gavin.

Robin Hilliard

Jun 12, 2010, 6:50:48 PM6/12/10
to galax...@googlegroups.com
Gavin do you have a traffic sniffer application like Charles so that we can see what's in the request and response?

Cheers,
Robin

ROBIN HILLIARD
Chief Technology Officer