Welcome - Galaxy SOA - Service Oriented Architecture

Gavin Baumanis

May 21, 2010, 12:37:22 AM5/21/10
to galaxy-dev
Hi,

Robin Hilliard of RocketBoots presented his ideas and working code
samples at a Melbourne CFUG. I was really taken by the idea at the
time as we werre just starting to reacrhitect our application that was
now installed in nearly a dozen separate application stacks - complete
with a dozen stacks of duplication.

The idea of cutting up an application into services and consumning
those individual services multiple times really struck a chord with
me. Couple the ability to reduce code duplication with the ability to
spawn multiples of a service as throughput demanded and service
failover features and I was hooked!

Now, Robin is the first to say that GalaxySOA is very much planted in
the ALPHA stage and should NOT be used in production.

This google group has been created, by Robin, to allow for ongoing,
public discussion about the GalaxySOA framework and its future
development / bug reporting etc.

You can find more information about the Galaxy SOA project at;
http://trac.rocketboots.com/os/wiki/GalaxySoa

You may also download the source code;
Release;
http://svn.rocketboots.com/os/galaxy/tags/alpha_0.9