Web site update

1 view

Davin

Sep 24, 2008, 12:39:13 AM9/24/08
to Galac-Tac
FYI...

I've now implemented the web site button that says "View Current
Shipyard". It should now show you the same thing as if you'd asked
for a "SHIPYARD SSD+" to be printed on your report. However this can
be used anytime, even if you haven't ever requested a formal "shipyard
report".

I hope that makes life a little easier.

Hobbit

Oct 6, 2008, 9:21:16 AM10/6/08
to Galac-Tac
Definitely! It saves an action. (Later in the game this could become
useful.) It also makes builds easire when you want to spend that last
50 PI and don't have a shipyard report handy.

Davin

Oct 27, 2008, 1:51:21 AM10/27/08
to Galac-Tac
I now have operational version 1.0 of the web site button that says
"View Current Map"! Huzzah! At the moment you don't have any size/
position/type/turn control over it, but I'm expecting to add that
sometime in the future. Like the recent "Shipyard" button, you can
use it anytime, even if you haven't asked for a printed map in your
report. The resulting map should be small enough to fit on a printed
page, and has no decorations on it so it should print pretty easily.
(You may have to change your browser's print margins and header/footer
to have enough room.)

In order to get it to work right on the web site, I've built the map
with an absolutely monstrous HTML <table> command -- it has over
10,000 cells in it! This makes it a little slower than usual in two
ways -- (1) it takes several seconds for the web site to create it and
send it to you, and (2) it takes several more seconds for your browser
to figure out how to display all those cells. But, to my utter
amazement, it seems to work! Please give it a try on your favorite
browsers (especially if you use anything besides IE or Firefox) and
let me know whether or not it behaves (even if it works, so I'll know
it's been tested).

Everyone let me know how it looks to you and how well it behaves for
you so we can watch for any problems along the way.

Enjoy!